Note to New Members ×

Sugarloaf 2021-2022

pow4ever

https://www.sugarloaf.com/mountain-report

"Last night the snowmaking crew had a pleasant night of cold temps and calm winds. They kept the guns running on Hayburner, Windrow, and the Birches. Rumor has it they have their eyes set on the. Boardwalk…, Boardwalk."

tumblr_myz4pvk1nF1schu5jo1_500.gif

Hell, It's About Time

i need me girly trail early season 😃

5 hours ago, trailertrash said:

When are you coming up? It rained hard yesterday and last night and the wind picked up. Nothing above DRC opened today. It's a bummer too because they were making good progress. 

i brought all those rain up from the South lol....  can't seems to catch a break.  I recalled that early season for the load is hit or miss but never this bad.  2-3 years in the row where there is a big thaw in December 😞 

no more butter knives. polish em up. let's make those three trails worth it. bit of breeze coming in tomorrow morning, but should make for some nice carving. loud and scratchy.

@pow4everi noticed a great balance of improvement when i was on skyline watching you this afternoon. much more balanced and more body position on both legs, not just the back. glad it helped! stack and sit on those heels. i tend to over do it when in softies like i'm taking a dump, but it holds and edge well. i took that observation from watching seth actually. watching others ride, better or not, watch; we can always learn, but most importantly have fun. see ya out there.

Dec 21.  Upper mountain on wind hold today in the AM. 
Broadwalk been close yesterday and today.  seems like they are just pushing the same pile of snow over and over.
outlook is bleak.
Turned out to be a blessing in disguise.  Downhill racing is cancel.  Narrow Gauge is open to the public.  not much skiers on the mountain.  Really good coverage/condition(*not all trail are created equal there are lots of icy spot all over the mountain).  even 2 cents rider like myself able to get few onlooker hooting and hollering on gauge.  Come and get some.

Been riding Coiler Contra 165 All Terrain.  Worked really well in almost all conditions since Sunday(powder/ice/hardpack).

• Like 1

• 2 weeks later...
17 hours ago, Eboot said:

I am meeting @Beckmann AG tomorrow (Tuesday 1/4)

may have some time to ride after footbed fitting if any one is around?

Enjoy it!  Condition should be great.
i highly recommend a pen and note pad with the Good Doctor to take notes.

+1 on the Beckman footbed.  It turned out to be a critical missing link.  I had 2 pairs of footbed done before (more expensive and didn't work nearly as well).

3 hours ago, Jack M said:

I'm in quarantine.  😞

sorry to hear that Jack.  Hope all is well and nothing serious.

• Like 2

• 3 weeks later...
  • 2 weeks later...
  • 3 weeks later...
  • 3 weeks later...

Wasn't planning to be there... but the best laid plans. Hey... the loaf had fresh... was nice... too bad about the wind.  I only did the hike to the T-bar twice... whew...

Still, I rode many runs all by myself... at the Loaf! Unbelievable.  The snow was soooo plush... had to not push it too hard or you'd just slow down.  (The roads to the Loaf from Camden were... difficult in the rental van... easy does it!)

Rode the lift multiple times with a Canadian ski team coach... he was cool said he has a couple of carving sticks.  He told me I'd like the conditions and he was right!  That could spoil a feller'.

https://photos.app.goo.gl/akJ8DsQotbAnH2x29

Edited by lonbordin
  • Like 1