Note to New Members ×

Heard it in the Lift Line: 2021-2022

Eboot

On 2/2/2022 at 2:59 PM, Cuban Carving Gooding said:

Getting off Stagecoach chair at Heavenly. Skiers a chair behind me ski up while I clip in. A lady says you are so fast and you get so low. Some chit chat about our gear and than she says. And your not young. Ouch. They followed me for a couple runs. 

I am almost 58. Laying some turns this weekend. Carve on my friend!

• Thanks 1

We had a regional slalom (ski) race at the local hill today and I wound up talking with a couple of the racers.  Got the comment that they were shocked that a snowboard could carve turns as cleanly as I was doing today.  

I also heard from my wife (who was catching up with a bunch of the coaches) that one of the out of towners was asking about the snowboarder that was carving up a storm on the mountain today.  A local coach replied, "Oh yeah, him.  He's one of the only snowboarders here that can ski"  (said with a fair amount of irony, I'm certain since I haven't been on skis in over 30 years).

K162 FTW!!! 

• Like 3
  • Haha 3

4 minutes ago, st_lupo said:

A local coach replied, "Oh yeah, him.  He's one of the only snowboarders here that can ski"  (said with a fair amount of irony, I'm certain since I haven't been on skis in over 30 years).

K162 FTW!!! 

Must be too young to know (or has selective memory) that the first "shaped" skis were inspired by carving snowboards.

• Like 2

On 2/5/2022 at 6:43 PM, Corey said:

I get this a LOT. 🙄 

Really? How is a thing? Damn kids

On 2/5/2022 at 9:50 PM, big mario said:

Did you throw one of your board protection lobsters at him?

Ha! I ate em. Had to tighten the belt a bit during covid.