Note to New Members ×

2021-2022 Ottawa Valley Carvers

loopback

It's on:

https://ottawa.ctvnews.ca/snow-starts-blowing-at-calabogie-peaks-in-preparation-for-season-opening-1.5678393

I'm starting this thread to get Ottawa Valley carvers together to ride for this season.

I have been barely riding the last few years but have moved less than 10min away from Calabogie Peaks, have a season pass and am looking to ride (alot) this year!

I will probably grab a Pakenham night pass too.

Also:

The old Dacre Heights/Candiac ski kill is open for earning your turns and I am hoping to make a few trips later this winter.

They charge nothing and operate on a donation/volunteer basis

They are planning a volunteer trail clearing day in early Dec.

http://www.dacreheights.ca/

TrailMap.jpg.085f51cbc46695ddb493886b0f757c9a.jpg

Post in the thread if/when you are heading out this year!!

//Paul

hey Paul, 

thanks for posting!

have daughter in ski lessons at Pakenham this year - picked up season's passes.  She started on a board but wanted to try skiing last year so doing that for now.  Has expressed interested in riding again so may try to find her some (soft) boots again later in the season.  

So, will be at Pakenham Weds evenings and Sat mornings with her for sure but can prob get out there another night as well. 

Pakenham announced they're opening this weekend, Dec 4/5th, so we'll go check it out I think. 

would be great to get a group together for a few evenings.  

Andrew

• 1 month later...

@loopbackmet a Pakenham local today on the chair, another hardbooter named Paul.  He'd be keen to meet up for some evening runs.  Not sure if you've picked up a night pass yet. 

Do you keep in touch with Phil O.?

Would be good to get out for some evening sessions.  I just need to schedule with the wife (and kids)...  

I think I know the local Paul you met.

If it's the same guy he taught there for a while too.

He rode Cateks iirc and telemarks too?

Yes, I keep in touch with @philpjo!

He bought a Pak night pass too and has been up there  several times this year.

He posted here:

I have not bought the night pass @ Pak yet but have been out 5 days @ Calabogie so far.

Its getting icey and repetitive on the 3 runs and we need some real snow to open up a few more runs.

They added one more run yesterday...

• 1 month later...

Nice to see we’re trying to more people out riding. Been out about 8 times now. Rode with Andrew a couple of times. Met Paul Battle one night. Nice to not ride alone. I’m good for a few day rides. Was out on Friday night at Pak after the thaw. Icy and fast as hell. Hopefully the new snow will help.

• Like 1

31F28C7E-B177-4424-95F2-351026A16434.jpeg.f920a6481de933a37500527072b91074.jpeg6AE29944-E655-4B19-AF13-B450B9E2C197.jpeg.1c3febc9d057ec24ae2c5af08eabdf70.jpegHi everyone. Peter V here. I’m still riding. Actually today was my first time in two years. 
 It was a long time ago that I rode with a group of you, nights at Cascade. I would have been a few times with my brother Gilbert too.  He is retired now and lives near Tremblant. 
 I have a place at Mont Saint Marie, Que, but live in Ottawa.  if your ever at MSM let me know. 
 We mountain bike a lot at MSM too. 

Edited by Peter V
  • Like 1