Note to New Members Γ—

Edge Game

WinterGold

12 hours ago, Jack M said:

Sweet.Β  What model Oxess is that?

It is a P-1 in 159 … we are constantly trying to evolve the shape. Super fun board with lots of performance (and the right width πŸ˜‡)!

38 minutes ago, scottishsurfer said:

Nice fun video πŸ˜„ good to see another conasure of what i call the eurotrip(carve into the 360 tripod) have you tried it from heeledge for some added difficulty?

https://www.instagram.com/p/B3AQ4-_FJti/

Yes, I do both sides! πŸ’ͺ🏼
Β 

Great video clip from yours! πŸ€ŸπŸΌπŸ‘ŠπŸ»

• Like 2

new daily ritual must-watch video to pump myself up for the coming season πŸ™‚
Thanks you for sharing!!

Love to hear your thoughts (in more depth):
"that both riding styles can profit a lot from each other! "

i sometime struggle with

"foolish consistency" - one board to do them all
"not consistent enough" - tinker-bell

Finding the balance on "right tool for the right job" and deliberate focus to work on technical debt meanwhile maintaining having fun is a tall order.

• Like 1

@pow4everΒ if we are talking just about carved turns, they feel different in hardboots and in softboots. And you can also feel certain aspects of the turn in different ways, so your focus also shifts. And this experience can then be transferred to the other setup. I hope that makes sense πŸ˜‡πŸ€ͺ

@softbootsurferΒ between 157 and 159 is my absolute sweet spot for this kind of board! 😍πŸ’ͺ🏼
Β 

@ChouinardΒ Burton boots have a very small footprint, therefore I still use them despite there being some other great options available. For the same reason I use Union bindings. My boots are 27.0 Mondopoint. For the board I guess you mean the width? The most important spec is the width under the back binding, but most of the time, this information is not provided by the manufacturer. So if we take a look at the minimum waist in the middle of the board, I found that it should be about 1.5cm wider than your foot is long. The binding angles are not that important, because the length of your setup doesnβ€˜t change a lot between 0 and 20 degrees and most riders fall in that area (there are exceptions, I know!). My feet are 26.4cm long, so my softboot carving board is 27.8cm in the middle. No bootout for me.

• Like 4

3 hours ago, Chouinard said:

Thanks for the confirmation of sizes. My daughter was struggling to find a board wide enough to eliminate boot out in the production board selection using that sizing method.Β 
Β 

How much does the board weigh?

So I weighed it especially for you! It is 3.7kg. May I ask why you want to know?

• 2 weeks later...
On 11/17/2021 at 2:28 PM, WinterGold said:

@pow4everΒ if we are talking just about carved turns, they feel different in hardboots and in softboots. And you can also feel certain aspects of the turn in different ways, so your focus also shifts. And this experience can then be transferred to the other setup. I hope that makes sense πŸ˜‡πŸ€ͺ

Thank you!Β  It make perfect sense.Β  How do you choose which board/setup to take out?Β  for all those who ride at high level that can shred on just about anything.Β  i am convince if we screw binding to piece a ply wood; some of you will able to make it look good shredding πŸ™‚Β 

Β 

• Thanks 1
  • Haha 1

8 hours ago, pow4ever said:

Thank you!Β  It make perfect sense.Β  How do you choose which board/setup to take out?Β  for all those who ride at high level that can shred on just about anything.Β  i am convince if we screw binding to piece a ply wood; some of you will able to make it look good shredding πŸ™‚Β 

Β 

Like we used to say with the CarveFather, carve with a couple coke cans on a 2x4 lol.

WG thanks for the stoke vid. Love the nose roll.Β 

Edited by Bobby Buggs
  • Like 1
  • Thanks 1

On 11/27/2021 at 5:07 PM, pow4ever said:

Β 

Basically the softer the snow, the softer my setup gets. I ride my alpine setup for most days on the slopes. If it gets so soft that the board sinks in noticeably I switch to my softboot carving board. And if it gets really soft and even powder then I go to my Japanese snow surfers.

Of course there are exceptions. Sometimes I just like to slash the slush on my alpine equipment πŸ’ͺ🏼😁! Or see how far I can push my softboot carver on hardpack … 😁

Edited by WinterGold
  • Like 3
  • Thanks 1