Note to New Members ×

Board Storage

Toodles

Looking for ideas on boards storage for the season.

Redoing a section of the garage before the start of the season to organize all of the families skis and boards.

Have about 7-8 boards that need to be stored.  Looking to store them standing up? to take up the least amount of room.

Any pics for what others have do would be appreciated.

Thanks.

18 hours ago, Toodles said:

Usually store them with bindings on for the season.

Anybody have any ideas for boards standing upright?

Same as my reply above, but you can skip every other slot in the comb. Or set the comb spacing accordingly. 

I had 5 boards inside the Billy bookcase with bindings mounted and lots of excess room. I also did boards base to base, one nose up, one nose down so the bindings passed by each other. 

The same concept can apply outside a bookcase, just make it as long as you want for your space. 

20210102_163953.jpg.e475f9decd6975fd413d51538a25e9d7.jpg

• Like 1

I use a different IKEA-based solution, because I wanted the boards as close to the wall as possible (because the passage is narrow enough as it is).

The black brackets on top are towel hangers, bottoms are bathroom shelves made from bamboo. Because it turned out the boards were too heavy for the latter, I added wooden blocks to keep the shelves from sagging.

IMG_20211115_142412.jpg

Edited by Aracan
  • Like 3

I used a solid wooden base with slots cut on for the baes of the board, angled backwards
Top is a composite material with slots for the boards to rest in.  My design is not optimal as the boards are forced to the font of the bottom stand to be able to stand vertically, hence the need for the angled base and the strap to keep them in.

Board Rack.png

• 7 months later...

waxing for winter glide, not just storage. it's probably been mentioned or discussed in previous threads, but has anyone "hotboxed" their boards in a hot car or truck in high temps? 122-131F in a hotbox for 2-4hrs = 20+ layers. use a thermometer to monitor temp in vehicle, iron a heavy layer of preferred wax and put board in the car. i put a couple boards out last summer in the 90's sun a couple times and it seemed to help. bad idea regarding UV, board construction materials, etc.?