Note to New Members ×

New UPZ RC12/RCR

slapos

Bam, walked into Walmart for black Friday and these were sitting right there, all the soft snowboard snowmobile boots were gone!!!! 

That's right they are snowmobile boots!! 

Kiding aside, big shout out to Ivan at i-carve.com he pulled these in quickly and I'm two days away via DHL always.. A geographical oddity!! Cleveland.. 

I-carve is as easy as pie!! 

So the boots.

Lighter, shell is different material than my neon yellow RCR-12 but stiffer not as pliable. The material feels more modern, oddly they feel very similar to my new Fischer Ranger ski boots... (made in Austria) hmmm. 

The tounge is completely different and stiffer.. It's actually harder to get into, it doesn't just smoothly swing out of the way like the old ones or as the photo way above.. It's a bear to do that with the buckles.. Or at least I haven't got the hang of it..   No different than my ski boots as I don't feel like routine multiple tounge lashing back and forth.. Wait.. Never mind. 

I'd be worried that in time it cracks from over bending... That's my only beef... 

The biggest improvement I found was that stupid front buckle is no longer in the way and now the F2 toe bails firmly snap into place.. Big difference.. Maybe it's a safety problem of coming out.. But they sure will stay down now... Even my bomber bindings are happier. 

You can feel a bit of shell volume difference from my old to new.. It's slight but you can feel it.. Or it's just the new material and stiffness messing with me... But they feel great. 

I also went with the full xcr spring system and it feels cushy in a good way.. Gives resistance till spring bottoms out then the shell takes over.. 

Obviously will know more when I get out.. 

I like em and glad to be back to the 4 buckle.. And nice buckles at that!! The take up buckle clip looks to be gun metal hard coat anodized. 

Boots look great.. 

Thanks Ivan

DSC_5862.JPG

DSC_5858.JPG

DSC_5859.JPG

DSC_5860.JPG

More

DSC_5863.JPG

DSC_5864.JPG

DSC_5866.JPG

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1