Note to New Members ×

New member in Michigan - looking to get set up and carving.

Ekuhn

On 1/24/2022 at 11:21 PM, lonbordin said:

Give your arms something to do.

You can bring that right arm forward and try to touch you left knee on heelsides or snag a ski pole hold it in both hands (don't wrap your thumb around) and keep it level, out in front of you, as you ride.

Keep at it 

I’ve taught  people that pole trick for years on skis… may have to take my own (and your) advise and try it on board. 

• 3 months later...

Just realized that the end of the season got crazy busy and i never posted an update. 
I got to spend a couple days out in Beaver Creek and rode the Hard Boot set up for one of them, big fun, felt some improvement (man, nice long runs with good pitch are a beatiful thing). A video below that i made my wife take. 

Now it's time to get in some off season training, so next fall i'm in better shape and can get working on better turns. 
Thanks to all again for all the tips along the way. 

Looking pretty good!  Too late to fix this season, but on toeside you are breaking at the waist.  Avoid the temptation to reach for the snow, and instead do the opposite.  Try to create angulation on the toeside by getting your torso more upright.  A common drill to help with that is to try to reach for the outside of your front boot with your front hand.  Others talk about the feeling of trying to hold a pencil pinched at your waist, in your case on the left side.

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

The carves are clean and smooth.
Both snow reach/waist brake on toe, and toilet sit on the heel, come from the wrong orientation of shoulders and hips. Both need to be parallel to a line perpendicular to your front foot angle. Even a bit more towards nose, on the heel... 

• Thanks 1

• 2 weeks later...

i havent been skating much the past couple years after destroying my ankle- but still get out a few times (and my goals are now much smaller). 
A couple decent walls on concrete- good cross training 🙂 

Edited by Ekuhn
  • Like 1