Note to New Members ×

New Brand In Hardboots Splitboarding World....

RoroSnow

Yes! Finally some real progress.  I hope these catch on and more manufacturers start making them.

Maybe someone will eventually make one with a lower BSL for resort riding too, though the ski boot type toe and heel are kind of useful in the backcountry and no one cares about toe drag in powder.

• 3 weeks later...
  • 2 months later...

It's nice to see other alternatives to the Atomic Backlands with the Phantom levers. Key Equipment is operated by Krister Kopala who owns Furberg snowboards out of Norway. This particular boot is actually based off of the Roxa RX Tour and the optional stiff tongue is the exact same thing based off the original boot. Hagan and Movement also uses the same shell and cuffs on their boots with slight flex modifications. Roxa is a family owned business from Italy who had produced boots for Full Tilt in the past. I've tried the RX Tour in the shop and it's very comfortable in the Palau liner and Grilamid shell but was not a fan of non-adjustable 18 degree forward lean. Instead I purchased the Scarpa Alien for being lighter and greater range of motion so I can use it for both skimo racing and hardbooting and it's just soft laterally as a regular soft boot. There's a cool guy I follow on Instagram who splitboards with the RX Tour unmodified and unlocked. I just wish the Key Equipment boots were Grilamid because it's lighter and I believe it's a thinner shell compared to PU so the feet might be a bit more comfy without punching. The cool feature is the adjustable forward lean. Otherwise this seems like a solid and durable boot. 

NEO.jpg