Note to New Members ×

Stolen boards! please watch for...

D-Sub

• Replies 61
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

D-Sub

I feel really bad for you, and hope that you'll get your gear back....

What I cannot believe is that PSR guy - he clearly does not understand kharma at all! How could anyone say that someone deserves this sort of thing?! Even you>! :-)

yup, I was pretty damn surprised by that. Cloyes, cmc, PSR...anyone that would wish this kind of **** on someone, applaud it, and THEN reference KARMA?

Ive done nothing wrong to anyone. talked some smack on those fellas, cuz its amazing how big their heads are, but thats it.

oh well. Karma indeed.

anyway...life goes on, eh?

Hey D-Sub.

Sorry to hear about your stolen boards. Hope, you get your babies back! I'll keep my fingers crossed for you.

BTW: a friend of mine once got back his MTB by staring WTB Threads at some online makretplaces and the local classifieds magazines. He not exactly described his bike, only mentioned the brand and two similar and some models. The guys who had stolen his bike were stupid enough to contact him... he visited them with two cops and found the hole house full with stolen bikes.

My best whishes!

Tom

D-Sub

I've got friends in the law side of the house and the reason the sumbags set up their shops in desert/isolated areas is due to fumes/vapor issues to "cook" their drugs and being in non or low populated areas allows the drugies to hang out without little or no peeps noticing/seeing the evil deeds being carried out.

Sorry to hear about the loss, hope you get the goods back. aloha

Brian

oh..yeah..I totally understand why...plus...you figure...livin in the desert can get pretty boring for some! what else to do sometimes than drink and do drugs?

(not that I agree)

meth is easily the worst drug to ever get popular.

the area north of Oceanside and into Orange County used to be the Meth capital of the USA (that's probably changed). I used to MTB on the fireroads and trails there and you could smell the meth labs for miles when they were cooking (It stinks BTW). Kinda scary at times and in the pre tiny-cell-phone-everyone-has-one era you didn't have a quick way to call the cops. We always marked the location on a map and called the local police station as soon as we returned. I truely prefered to ride through a Pot field up around Julian, stoners are much more mellow than tweakers

Guest Randy S.

I heard that most burn victims at hospitals these days are from Meth lab fires. Almost makes it hard to feel sorry for them.

Talk about thread drift. How did we get here from stolen boards?

I heard of a guy in Eastern Massachusetts a few years ago who had a pair of skis stolen at a resort in New Hampshire. He was later perusing Ebay and found his skis. He contacted the Massachusetts State Police who advised him to put in a winning bid and offer to pick up the skis in person. He did and the cops accompanied him arresting two young guys. Turns out they had a whole theft ring going with gear stolen from New England ski areas. The kid's dad just thought the kid had an enterprising business buying and selling gear on Ebay.

I just found an online article about the incident.

Good luck with the safe return of your boards!