Note to New Members ×

ISO Stiff Softboot Bindings

crackaddict

I want to try some different bindings this season, I'm only interested in high-end super stiff models.  Maybe a Now O-Drive or some Flows?  How about a Catek FR2 Pro EVO?  I want to try used before I buy new so I'd be happy with something beaten up, a few runs will be enough to know if it's right for me.  Once I find something better than the Drake Podium FF, I'll buy myself a new set.  Mondo 27.

Thanks boys.

• 3 months later...

I have Flow NX2 GT Fusion - I have them adjusted to my boots which are 26.5 mondo. Ridden twice, I prefer Nows but then I prefer a surfier ride than most.

We'd have to figure out price and shipping - I am in CO, USA.

If you are still curious about Flows send me a note, thanks!

This was my first impression.  Today I rode two boards for the first time this season and the difference in stiffness between the Flux XVs and my Drake Podium FFs was even more pronounced.  Performance for carving is far superior with the XVs.

Having said that, I have also been suffering from extremely tight calf muscles this season, on the outside of both legs.  The only thing that's changed in my setup is the bindings.  I figure it's either due to the lack of foam footbeds or the lack of canting.  I'm playing with it now, I brought some strips of 1/4" cork with me today to see if that would help.  I did like the inward canting, I'll probably glue them in after a few more test rides, I want to experiment with some toe and heel lift too.  My legs are too far gone to expect the pain to disappear in one day though; hot tubbing, stretching, foam rolling, self-massage and ibuprofen...  I'm working on it.

• Like 1