Note to New Members ×

Fin’s Epic Cuba Motorcycle Trip

dredman

Got side-tracked by the motorcycle build thread linked in the first post.  tldr: Fin buys a BMW bike with a wrecked front end, decides to upgrade it with KTM parts instead of buying replacement BMW like a normal person because Fin, and then proceeds to machine a shitload of sexy parts to make it all work.  Oohs and aahs from less capable people like myself ensue.

Fin's not as old as me but as I stare at unfinished projects and not yet started projects littering my 140 acres i Think out loud  "Just because you can doesn't mean you should " hope the trip goes well !  I've made 3 cross Canada trips in vehicles that once littered my shop floor. I know the kind of stress the first few miles can be wondering what nut  I forgot to tighten or what  that sound  is that I'm hearing . Usually it's a change in the pavement that triggers the " Why am I doing this again. When you finally get home your primed to do it all over again !

On 5/14/2021 at 9:13 AM, Neil Gendzwill said:

Got side-tracked by the motorcycle build thread linked in the first post.  tldr: Fin buys a BMW bike with a wrecked front end, decides to upgrade it with KTM parts instead of buying replacement BMW like a normal person because Fin, and then proceeds to machine a shitload of sexy parts to make it all work.  Oohs and aahs from less capable people like myself ensue.

OMG, me too. That is one bad a$$ looking bike.