Note to New Members ×

2022 Montucky Clear CUT STOKE!

dredman

• 4 weeks later...
  • 1 month later...

Registration is exceeding all previous years.  We are 70% full, so if you are on the fence or needing a nudge, this is it! Space is really limited.

https://montuckyclearcut.com/registration

I also wanted to shout out to our amazing instructor team!  They are all professional ski and snowboard instructors that know how to carve!  We had some of our BEST clinics last year and are expecting great ones this year.  So if you are a beginner or intermediate rider looking to break through to the next level of riding, We have the instructors.  Chester, Tom and Kathy have the teaching skills to help you along!

If you just want to ride with other carvers, because you are the lone wolf at your ski area, come meet your people at Montucky Clear CUT! 

www.montuckyclearcut.com

• Like 1

• 2 weeks later...

From our first Montucky Clear CUT in 2019.  Our carving event that turned into some amazing powder days...

Day 1 - 6 inches new

Day 2 - 18-24 inches new

Day 3 - 18-24 inches new

Day 4 - 6 inches new and sunshine!

Bring your powder rig, you just never know!

• Like 4

One of the best powder weeks in 40 years of ski bumming,   2002 great carving,  You got to make it.  If you can't bring a powder board I'll have two extra to loan.  Oh and he didn't tell you about the tree skiing with no branches for 15-30 feet, best place to learn to ski trees. No matter what the weather brings it's great. See you there. and, About the same time a year later on the crowded slopes of Turner

turner Wed.jpg

turner feb 12, 2020.jpg

• Like 5

• 1 month later...

I rode Turner today.  Chalky fun groomers, deep stuff in the glades, -9 in the parking lot.  Turner already has more snow than they did last year at the event.  

Don’t forget to bring a pow board.  You just never know if it will be lift served heli boarding or groovy groomers!

See you all soon!  30 days!

287C3A96-C970-4E1C-8BAF-B348FCBF4F97.jpeg

• Like 3

So here I am one of the 'premier' ski resorts in the country getting pounded for three weeks with epic snow and I keep going to the Turner Live cams.....Summit View is a good one but my favorite is the Lift View and watching the chairs go sliding past a sublimely awesome Northern Montana morning. The snow stake cam might not always be current but the live views don't lie. I wasn't sure the lodge view was live and then a snowmobile came flying thru and I got excited. 

Cheap thrills. Conditions are looking to be fairly epic. Thanks for all you do Dave. 

https://skiturner.com/live-camera-feed

• Like 3

• 3 weeks later...

I have been coordinating with Jacob (Turner Mtn grooming supervisor) and Brett (Prinoth Groomers) this morning.  Here is a summary:

• Turner is 90% completed with widening and pioneering runs to be groomed for event.
  • Snowpack is above normal for this time of year, so coverage is great.
  • Temperatures and weather are looking good for making firm groomers that will last longer.  
  • Chans Run that has some great rolls and banks will be buffed out.  
  • Brett will try and make the natural spine on the lower half of the Pig Chute even more pronounced.

But you just never know what Mother Nature will throw at us.  We could have a 2019 lift served heli boarding conditions again..

Next week this time we will have the wolf pack all together!  See you soon!

• Like 6