Jump to content

New Bike Porn 2021


st_lupo
 Share

Recommended Posts

Some of us are fortunate that bike season and snowboard season don’t necessarily overlap!  
 

Bought the frame with low miles from a racer (not much of an enduro season last year) and bought all the components at serious discounts from black friday through new years.  (But The family still doesn’t get to know how many Kesslers the final build will cost.)  Now I’ve packed away the snowboards and I’m building the bike while waiting for the rest of the snow to melt.  I’m hoping that pedaling this thing up the mountain all summer is going to get me in shape for boarding next winter.
 

594CBCF5-1763-4EF6-B78C-91955039F3E7.jpeg

D184E717-608C-4453-8265-3F338087B2D9.jpeg

  • Like 3
Link to comment
Share on other sites

Should look pretty epic when its built up 😄

With how the enduro is so similar to the demo 8 in design im suprised they didnt resurect the old demo 7 name which was the the shorter travel variant of the 8.

I got a Nukeproof Mega 275 myself just before christmas 🙂 not standard spec im upgrading it bit by bit to my prefered spec

DmIWNaI.jpg

Edited by scottishsurfer
Link to comment
Share on other sites

22 hours ago, st_lupo said:

 how many Kesslers the final build will cost

I like this interpretation of fiscal impact @st_lupo and will use it during the next home office trial by fire ...."No, that new Fox X2 was waaaay cheaper than my snowboard" 🙂

Edited by Lurch
Nobody expects the Spanish inquisition!
  • Like 1
  • Haha 1
Link to comment
Share on other sites

Between the front shock, hoops,spokes, nipples, tires, tubes and random miscellane, my 27.5 heckler Conversion is worth at least a Kessler, and I reused my chris king hubs and built my wheels myself

Mario

Ps. Yes, my honi knows, she's happy my hobbies are acoustic, and that they are only bikes and snowboards.

Edited by big mario
  • Like 1
Link to comment
Share on other sites

sweet build! put together a new commencal meta tr 29 this season. winter this year has been the perfect equilibrium - solid snowfall on the local (vancouver north shore) mountains, but the majority of the lower bike trails have been clear. it's been a great season. 

spOXxAJyULk5x8kCAAFxJGNZFNWB8p9yTTjePEqh

Edited by xy9ine
  • Like 2
Link to comment
Share on other sites

9 hours ago, JRAZZ said:

I'm going to have to convert you to ebikes... 

 

Im converting my mate to acoustic though his ebike seems to be doing that for me in two years everything electrical has been replaced under warranty.... give it 4 or 5 years and there will be alot of very broken ebikes on the second hand market 😕

Link to comment
Share on other sites

On 3/31/2021 at 12:32 PM, scottishsurfer said:

Should look pretty epic when its built up 😄

With how the enduro is so similar to the demo 8 in design im suprised they didnt resurect the old demo 7 name which was the the shorter travel variant of the 8.

I got a Nukeproof Mega 275 myself just before christmas 🙂 not standard spec im upgrading it bit by bit to my prefered spec

DmIWNaI.jpg

Sweet!!!  Maybe your forum nickname should be the Scottish Sam Hill?

BTW, how do you like the Wild Enduro tires?

15 hours ago, big mario said:

Between the front shock, hoops,spokes, nipples, tires, tubes and random miscellane, my 27.5 heckler Conversion is worth at least a Kessler, and I reused my chris king hubs and built my wheels myself

Mario

Ps. Yes, my honi knows, she's happy my hobbies are acoustic, and that they are only bikes and snowboards.

What year Heckler?  My first full squish was a Heckler (when it was a people powered bike) and I really liked it for xc riding.  Back when the Manitou XVert was a real single crown long travel fork.  😎

Link to comment
Share on other sites

11 hours ago, xy9ine said:

sweet build! put together a new commencal meta tr 29 this season. winter this year has been the perfect equilibrium - solid snowfall on the local (vancouver north shore) mountains, but the majority of the lower bike trails have been clear. it's been a great season. 

spOXxAJyULk5x8kCAAFxJGNZFNWB8p9yTTjePEqh

Probably the fastest (downhill) of my riding buddies rode a Meta.  He switched over to an ebike last year and put a few pounds around his gut.  Maybe coincedence?

Link to comment
Share on other sites

2 hours ago, st_lupo said:

 

What year Heckler?  My first full squish was a Heckler (when it was a people powered bike) and I really liked it for xc riding.  Back when the Manitou XVert was a real single crown long travel fork.  😎

version 6.2, last of the 26'' hecklers. Pretty bombproof, and I love the simplicity of the single pivot.  Brandy new Marzocchi Z1 coil up front.  Harder for me to break stuff with more travel. It looked like they built room into the frame for a bigger wheelset, so I said, "why not" running Continental Mountain King 2.4's on it.  Anything bigger and I would hit the seat tube at full travel.  Waiting for a rotor adapter for the fork to finish the build

Edited by big mario
  • Like 1
Link to comment
Share on other sites

2 hours ago, st_lupo said:

Sweet!!!  Maybe your forum nickname should be the Scottish Sam Hill?

BTW, how do you like the Wild Enduro tires?

Pretty good in terms of grip there very similar to the DH34 down hill tyres i have on my demo 8. they are a bit lighter so accelerate a little faster but the rolling speed is still pretty terrible so if your pedaling alot there not the best. The casing is a little lighter also which means i have to ride slightly higher pressures to keep support in the tyre when pushed hard.

I'm not so much the scottish sam hill as the my friends equivelent of the mountain bike top gear stig i'm the tame ex racer who quite likes riding in bright white gear even if its super muddy 😄

Probably going to switch out the rockshox super delux for a fox X2 at some point i need something with alot more slow speed compression damping and short of getting a custom tune there isnt to much i can do with the current shock other than throw more air in it



 

Edited by scottishsurfer
Link to comment
Share on other sites

Join the conversation

You can post now and register later. If you have an account, sign in now to post with your account.

Guest
Reply to this topic...

×   Pasted as rich text.   Restore formatting

  Only 75 emoji are allowed.

×   Your link has been automatically embedded.   Display as a link instead

×   Your previous content has been restored.   Clear editor

×   You cannot paste images directly. Upload or insert images from URL.

 Share



  • Recently Browsing

    • No registered users viewing this page.
×
×
  • Create New...