Note to New Members ×

Jeff Greenwood in the pipe!

fin

I know this was talked about before but Jeff just sent this over to us and I had to put it up!

Jeff, can you tell us the where and whats of this shot? Would love to find out what made you show the pipe-monkeys it can be down on plates :D

post-1-141842203452_thumb.jpg

Originally posted by Jack Michaud

Fin, you're so two weeks ago.

http://www.bomberonline.com/VBulletin/showthread.php?s=&threadid=5515

How old is that pic though? Either it's really old, or that guy with the Burton Air really needs a new board, or has Burton resurrected the "45" logo?

I wouldn't think the pic is that old for several reasons:

-Everyone's wearing a helmet

-The nose on all boards (freestyle and race) are quite short compared to the old Air Kelly and race boards

-The raceboard is quite narrow

Originally posted by Derf

I wouldn't think the pic is that old for several reasons:

-Everyone's wearing a helmet

-The nose on all boards (freestyle and race) are quite short compared to the old Air Kelly and race boards

-The raceboard is quite narrow

A discerning eye will notice that the edge of the halfpipe is cut to a perfect vertical - meaning it was built with a pipe dragon and not handmade (circa 80s) pipe dragons didn't exist until the late 90's (97+), on top of that... the drop looks like it's 12+ feet, meaning it was a "superpipe" dragon and those didn't come out until 2000. Also spray painting the lip of a jump wasn't very popular until the late 90's as well (from my experience). :)

This shot was from last December at the Grand Prix in Park City. There was also a shot, two or three years ago of me in SNOWBOARDER hitting a 1/4 pipe. I like to do do big straight airs on my race board.

I'm quite surprised on how stoke people like Ross Powers, Andy Finch and others are when they see that you can ride a pipe with hard boots.

You here a lot of wow and cameras clicking on the way down.

Jeff Greenwood

This is the mission of me next season......I'm gonna try hitting rails and smaller jumps first, but I'm told from the locals at the mountain that alot of the young pups riding alpine on the hill are hitting the terrain park in between race runs (little bastards). I gotta try this out....even if it kills me.....:eek: I doubt I'll EVER be close to that though...WOW!!!

soon to be reporting from my hospital bed....

Paul

;)

My mission this season was to carve black diamond runs. Mission accomplished!

Next season, my mission will be to get 3 feet out of the pipe:eek: Right now, I'm only getting a foot out, so I've got a ways to go. But I'll be riding a freestyle board and soft boots.

I'll leave hardbooting in the pipe to Damien Sanders and Jeff Greenwood.