Note to New Members ×

Specs for old Aggression Stealth 165 ?

chris_eco

Guest Steve Berthel

I have one of those boards. I will check out the specs and get back to you. I rode the 165 slalom and a 175 hollowcore GS, which was a rockin' ride at the time. The 165 was pretty squirrely.

I never rode the 175 but I took my 165 all over Vail and BC and even across a few finish lines. It sure was a turny board.

Unfortunately I fractured a sidewall and pulled the binding retention plate from the core. After one failed repair attempt I gave it to a friend that needed some bindings and bought an F2.

What I am most curious about is if there is any taper to the board and the sidecut radius or radii. I think it might have two different radii in addition to the asymetrical offset of the sidecuts.

I appreciate your research time Steve.

Guest Steve Berthel

Hi Chris! I delaminated my 175 at least 4 times. I think by the time I was done with it, the core was 80% epoxy. I know for a fact that these boards did have two different radii on the sidecut. they also had different cambers. If you laid the board flat on a hard surface, it would rock back and forth. This translated to a board that did not want to go in a straight line when it was ridden flat. I remember some pretty embarassing moments getting off chairlifts until I got used to it. Those World Cup Agressions were definitely made to be up on edge. I don't think that there was ever a more sexy looking board at the time. I think that the offset on the edges was like 35 degrees. And the double sintered base material looked cool on the chairlift! From that board I went into Kemper 175 asyms, Sims 162.5 asyms, Sims Freecarve and Fawcetts, Nitros, and now Coiler. What a long strange trip it's been!

• 7 years later...
Does anyone know the stats of this old warrior? Sidecut and max stance width particularly? I'm thinking of becoming an owner...

why? the boards were not that good when they were 5 five years old but now at like 17......

I mean, if it's a free deal or something I guess but.....

• 2 weeks later...

Well, turns out the SL is a 160, with 145 effective edge, 18.5 waist and assym core, sidecut and camber.

It arrived a couple of days ago and I rode it today between lessons and found it producing a slightly wider track on the heelside. Then I accessed a dark corner of my memory I remembered that it needs a diagonal movement rather than lateral, pictured Nerva and Bauer waving their arms around...and had a blast!

Assyms are a the "Dogs Bollocks"! You do need to have your act together, this is one powerful puppy. I think I will actually race on it.

Thanks for the info guys.

Martin