Note to New Members ×

alternative softer tongue for deeluxe 425 pro?

FelixD

I have had enough with my Deeluxe Track 425 pro bc its stiffest race tongue (stiffness 70+ according to Deeluxe) even though I just rode it for 5 days. I just searched the alternative tongue option and found an official product (stiffness 62) as below. Not sure if it will fix the the problem of the boots, any one tried it before?

PS: I definitely understand that UPZ will be the better option, I didnt have the budget to get a new boots without selling the Deeluxe 425

image.png.a5592e1aabaa8fe5214864bccc27ab72.png

Hey Felix,

I too have 425 Pro's and wanted to soften them up.......So Yes that is what you need and really about your only option unless you find an older style Deluxe SB to just pull a softer tongue from.......but I have looked and the$49  black tongue is the cheapest way out.

As comparison I have a pair of Track 325's with this exact black tongue and flexing both 325 and 425 tongues the 325's black tongue  flexes much easier even though  on rated 62 below the 425's 70+

• Like 1

29 minutes ago, barryj said:

Hey Felix,

I too have 425 Pro's and wanted to soften them up.......So Yes that is what you need and really about your only option unless you find an older style Deluxe SB to just pull a softer tongue from.......but I have looked and the$49  black tongue is the cheapest way out.

As comparison I have a pair of Track 325's with this exact black tongue and flexing both 325 and 425 tongues the 325's black tongue  flexes much easier even though  on rated 62 below the 425's 70+

great to know, Barry! What a relief to me and my legs,LOL. Thx!

2 minutes ago, dredman said:

The BTS in my opinion are the best performance gain for the buck. 

I rode red springs but a lot of people mix them for different rates of flex. Blues seem pretty popular also. You might want to get a blue and red set and start experimenting. 

Does bomber associate with any store that I can visit to try those different spring combination? Thx