Note to New Members ×

Heard it in the lift line - 2020/2021

SunSurfer

Standing the the longest lift line of the day... and I was thinking about pulling the plug... when I heard  a motherly voice say something.  I looked to the other line and said, "Excuse me?"

She said,"Its so wonderful to watch you come down the hill."

Folks... I'll admit... I was taken aback... It took me a moment before I said... "I offer a humble thank you." 

She was very nice and we ended up riding up together.  She's the mom of two of the Paoli snowboarding instructors that I know (hadn't ever met her before).  She tells me that she told her son's about me and they were like, "Yeah, we know him... he's here all the time." 🤣

I rode for another hour.

Edited by lonbordin
These people need to see better riders than me so I can go back to anonymity.
  • Like 5

I think I should start keeping track of comments in an Excel sheet... right now, the "monoski" comments are definitely the most common, but I want some statistics to back that up.

Yesterday, a skier followed me into the lift line and said "You snowboard beautifully". I'm not sure if he was complementing my snowboarding or my looks? 🤔

• Like 1

Last weekend I got a few

Second liftie downloading on the chair (June Mountain, Gunsmoke, J4) where the chair is on the side of the entire run. He sees me going down and meets me at the bottom and says "that was awesome watching you come down, I thought you were going to make a full circle!" 

I then started ending the runs with a 360 carve around the slow sign at the bottom

• Like 1
  • Haha 2

The usual mono ski comments today, along with a few splitty comments.  The best was at the end of the day whilst getting the Cahr Bath set up. A softy rider that saw us rending the hill earlier came up and asked whether we used the front foot or back foot to initiate the turn, and that he and his buddy were looking to settle an argument. I gave non commital " depends on the board answer". I told him the Donek i was riding today liked to be curb stomped into next week while the board I have coming to me in the next week or so prefers to be ridden centered, and somewhat genteely. He thanked me, we fist bumped, and he continued on his way  It was nice to have an actual tech question for once.

Mario

• Like 6

12 minutes ago, snowburn said:

easier said than done. Muscle memory has better memory than a woman. 

I've been known to get all mellow and surfy. Freaks Monodude out when I do that. He says its just wrong

• Like 1
  • Haha 2

51 minutes ago, Cuban Carving Gooding said:

A couple weeks ago at Heavenly. I was getting on Sky chair when I hear " Do you want to have A carve off?" I reply yes and turn to see who asked.  It was a soft boot boarder.

Is that like a dance fight?

• Haha 1