Note to New Members ×

New, in Plastic "Carving" Magazines - Issues #1 and #2

fin

"Carving" magazine was an incredible product from our good friend Alex from Greece. These should have been hardbound. Yea, they are now 10 years old but the pictures and stories are still incredible. It was a shame it only made it to two issues, but now you can own them.

In the plastic, I have:

(4) (2)of Issue #1 (on left)

(2)  of Issue #2 (on right) ***All Gone

$30 each, you pay shipping (UPS ground), Paypal.

spacer.png

Edited by fin
  • Like 2

• fin changed the title to New, in Plastic "Carving" Magazines - Issues #1 and #2

Fin,

Slow shipping is fine. Please put the Mag into something stiff, like cardboard. It's an historic document !

Jeanette Brick, iSi North America, 175 U.S. Route 46, Fairfield, NJ   07004

732-604-0594   Texting is best.  Brickland@gmail.com

Thx, Had Brick

By the way, I run into a married couple every year at Windham Mountain. They spot me, typically, on one of my Doneks and say hello. They told me years ago, that they used to share a house with you. I have their names written down somewhere, but you certainly remember them.

Thx, Bricky

Fin,

My wife is bringing my Carving info up to Windham tomorrow. I know I have the left mag but not sure if I have the right one. If I have the right side mag, too. and you have strong demand for the mags, I would consider passing my place to someone else in line.  Hmmmm, maybe I should end up with 2 of each and cut one of each for scanning the images. Otherwise, full page scanning would damage the binding, if I had only one of each.  Thx, Had

P.S. Thanks for owning, designing and manufacturing a great product line all those years. Along with your Forum, you certainly helped grow the sport tremendously. 

Do you want me to wait until you can confirm what you have? I'll hold until I hear from you.

Wow, have my curiosity up on the couple I apparently used to roommate with? If you bump into that, send over. Small world.

Fin

Edited by fin
  • Like 2
  • Thanks 1

49 minutes ago, fin said:

Wow, have my curiosity up on the couple I apparently used to roommate with?

Don't worry, this is a judgement-free zone. We've all made questionable choices before. 😝

Hope you're well, Fin! You are missed at the carving events! 

• Haha 2

Thanks, Fin, for the two gorgeous coffee table magazines (books) on carving. They will provide me with many informative and memorable moments. I quit carving in 2005 (I could do it but was not good enough to tip the board up on edge on challenging terrain) and then went back to my ski buddies until 2015 when I had to stand around on bunny runs to get my grandkids into mountain life on skis and/or snowboards. Being bored I went back to carving and am hopelessly hooked again. 
I had totally forgotten carving even still existed when these magazines were printed (2011).

I’m very happy to have them as I still think hardboot alpine carving is the coolest thing you can do on snow. 
Thanks again. 

• 3 months later...