Note to New Members ×

Getting used to stiff setup

Drew44x

I've been snowboarding for 6 years. Always been a carving style rider. Just bought a Donek Phoenix 159 and a pair of Ride Insano boots. I've only ridden this setup a few times and I juat feel uncomfortable on it. I know this setup isn't super stiff in regards to alpine carving but just a lot stiffer than I'm used to. Any tips for trying to get used to a stiffer setup?

Yeah I've read those articles and I've been really focusing on technique. Racing on the new setup this weekend so we will see how it goes. Still feels like the board is riding me rather than me riding it.

Edited by Drew44x

Take a mental step back, and try to work on your fundementals when you go to the hill. If I'm trying a new board I'll ease into it.

If you still have your old board, try riding it with the new bindings and boots until you feel comfortable.  Once you feel like you have the new boots under control, remount your new deck and work in on it.

• Thanks 1