Note to New Members ×

F2 Titanflex vs TD3 SW

bigwavedave

Wondering if anyone has ridden both and how the ride compares. Does the plastic? stuff under the f2 titanflex have a similar shock absorbing quality as the TD3 elastomer ring? I ride with the yellow ones and they're just right.

Thinking of trying this conversion kit for my F2 Race Titaniums if it softens the ride.

https://www.truesport.store/index.php/product/f2-titanflex-modification/

Tried the risers that @AJCdice lent/sent to me. Mounted them under F2 Race Titaniums on my 185 Contra AT. The snow today was firm groom, not really the conditions I would choose to ride a board designed for soft snow and powder. The Titanflex setup feels noticeably softer than TD3 sidewinders (w/ yellow e-rings), on the verge of being squishy. But they also feel like they absorb vibrations and bumps. It might be described as something in between Geckos and TD3 sidewinders as far as smoothing the ride.

I hope to try them on some softer snow. 1st impression is that they might work for me riding soft snow, powder and chop. I have a feeling they might feel too flexy/squishy on a stiffer carving stick. 

• Like 1

@bigwavedave I use them on pow days on a 168 Flux for exactly as you describe. Flexy/squishy on hardpack yes, but just the amount of stiffness that softboots can't deliver, especially when it starts to get tracked out.  But the MAJOR advantage is the silly snow/ice breaker on the heel the the SW doesn't have.  Yeah it may be easy enough to scrape the heel on the stomp pad before you go, but it's one less thing to think about...

28 minutes ago, Kneel said:

@bigwavedave I use them on pow days on a 168 Flux for exactly as you describe. Flexy/squishy on hardpack yes, but just the amount of stiffness that softboots can't deliver, especially when it starts to get tracked out.  But the MAJOR advantage is the silly snow/ice breaker on the heel the the SW doesn't have.  Yeah it may be easy enough to scrape the heel on the stomp pad before you go, but it's one less thing to think about...

Good to hear you have the same impression of them. I only took 3 runs to get the feel. I'm trying to get a softer, flexier interface to match hardboots on a softer flexing powder carving board. While the Carve RS might fit the bill, they're designed for lighter riders. Hoping this might be better solution.

Gonna stick with my TD3SW for my carving sticks!

Sounds like you're using the intec step-in. I'm sort of doing a hack and using them under standard Race Titaniums with a toe bail. They may be even squishier without the ridgid stepin.

8 minutes ago, bigwavedave said:

Good to hear you have the same impression of them. I only took 3 runs to get the feel. I'm trying to get a softer, flexier interface to match hardboots on a softer flexing powder carving board. While the Carve RS might fit the bill, they're designed for lighter riders. Hoping this might be better solution.

Gonna stick with my TD3SW for my carving sticks!

Sounds like you're using the intec step-in. I'm sort of doing a hack and using them under standard Race Titaniums with a toe bail. They may be even squishier without the ridgid stepin.

Yes, intec.  And that's a good point.  The intec titanflex toe bail is not fixed as the intec titanium is.  Also, titanflex comes with the stainless center disk. I've tried both and they are definitely flexier with the standard disk.   There could be a number of factors in there...

• Thanks 1