Note to New Members ×

Thirst SF162 Day 4

barryj

Over MLK weekend I had the board at my tuner for an icecoast edge-ucation to 1' base and 2' edge angles....And Wow! 🤩 is it ever so much more responsive and agile! 

I'm really feeling it snap into turns...which has led to my own edification ....I have been  riding it like a big GS board...large radius sweeping turns but still getting  more CPR's (carves per run) than on my K168.   With it feeling more snappy and agile I could just tip it and be headed the opposite direction much quicker.   I also noticed I could wait much longer to initiate a turn and it would still turn inside a K168 turn ...so my turns are tighting  like i'm on a slalom board:smashfrea....still probably only tapping into 50% of this little bandits potential so far ....but getting there! :biggthump

Edited by barryj
  • Like 4

XC has been my favorite ride so far this season (not so last year). Turny enough to maintain a comfortable speed for low visibility (we've had a lot of overcast and foggy days with flat light), and long enough to smooth out the variable snow surface we've had lately. Somehow, I am surprised how each of my Thirsts have a noticeably different personality, though obviously from the same family.

2 hours ago, Kneel said:

It doesn't hurt that we've had over 2' of snow through the weekend and another 5" last night, @barryj  👍 

I've been riding the XC the past two days. Sans plate! May even be 8RW time...

Where are you riding?

35 minutes ago, bigwavedave said:

XC has been my favorite ride so far this season (not so last year). Turny enough to maintain a comfortable speed for low visibility (we've had a lot of overcast and foggy days with flat light), and long enough to smooth out the variable snow surface we've had lately. Somehow, I am surprised how each of my Thirsts have a noticeably different personality, though obviously from the same family.

Where are you riding?

Stratton, VT.  Overcast, fog, flat light.  I know those conditions well...

Me and the XC have finally found our groove and it's moving steadily towards the top of the ladder.  But it was very difficult to figure out where it belonged. Every time I'd take it out either I was off, conditions were not right, I'd throw the BP on it :freak3:, it just wasn't measuring up to the SF or 8RW.  Well, yesterday and today conditions were damn near perfect. I'll be on it tomorrow morning as well. 👍

• Like 4