Note to New Members ×

How do you stand up??

DiveBomber

You'll develope these from trying to reach down and touch the snow while carving :eek: Just kidding guys, don't start a flame thread over "touching the snow is bad" I always just squat, push and stand. I'm 6'3" so it's not easy, but it works.

Have fun,

Paul

dont sit down or fall. ever.

:)

nah..its a struggle sometimes, but youll figure it out. I find its a lot easier to get up on my toe edge

as for tricks...well...no ankle tweaking is possible, but grabs are, and hell...straight airs with perfect carves leading up to and out of look pretty damn good!

I just don't sit down! Am I alone in clipping my back foot in while standing? I always did the same thing in softboots, it never made sense to sit down.

Getting up after a fall is easy, the hill is usually steep enough that it's no problem.

Originally posted by corey_dyck

Am I alone in clipping my back foot in while standing?

No. Also, when I stop for a rest, if I'm on a slope I'll sit down (it's easy to get up), but if I'm on the flat I unclick my rear boot and rest while standing. If for some reason I should fall while on the flat, I sometimes unclick my rear boot while on the ground, stand up, and then click in.

Guest jeremiah

One thing I've found that helps standing up to heelside is to grab the board on the toeside and pull myself up. I find myself doing this a lot more late in the day when I'm tired. I suspect that it works because my arms don't get nearly as tired as my legs.

Jeremiah

Guest itodd

whenever i try steeper angles on my softies, i experience a lot of pain in addition to the difficulty of standing up. i ride a relaxed duck stance normally.

however, as i've dug deeper and deeper trenches, i've noticed my body is naturally begging for a more extreme angle. hopefully, i will develop the need for steep angles naturally.

todd

I fall off way more than all you guys, so I should know ... I usually find it easier to flip the board to toeside,, bend my knees and push up off the hill with my hands. Falling on the flat is a pain, though, I usually unclip for that (cos then you usually have to skate anyway ...)

Strange . . . never found a problem getting up in hardboots. Now that I think about it, it seems easier than in softboots because of the higher angles/stiff boots because you just kind of roll up on edge rather than have to try to stand up, which you have to do wearing the softies. (I use Flows so I only sit when I'm waiting around for someone.)

The onoy time I have any trouble whatsoever getting up is if I am facing downhill on a flat slope. In those cvases I'll just spin around ane face up hill in which case it becomes a breeze. Different stance angles don't seem to have an impact on my ability to get up.

At higher angles it's probably more comfy to rest oin the hip than actuall sit down... I think I'm just flexible enough so it's not a problem.