Note to New Members ×

Thirst SF162- Day 5+

barryj

11 hours ago, BLOODTYPEZX10R said:

FastStik discount code is: Thirst

FastStik is quick to ship product to all who order.  Give it a try, its good stuff, quick and easy to apply and you can spend more time actually tuning your boards (like those hideous edges, lol).  Two products cover all temps.  Oh, and I don't get any money for selling FastStik.

Shopping cart says discount code is not valid - FYI

• barryj changed the title to Thirst SF162- Day 5+

Probably Day 7 or 8 focusing on the SF

So from discussion with Kneel and his SF setup I decreased rear foot forward lean about 33% and changed TD3 rear cant disks from 6' to 3', so running 3/3 and changed BTS long Red springs to Long Blues so running all Blue springs and  my turns have tightened  up considerably!   :biggthump

I was even surprised at how tight the turn shapes were looking at my tracks from the lift!  🤩

But from being more centered my heel turns have lost that famous Thirst heelside railing feeling...they look tighter than I feel I'm making but not fluid as I'm scrubbing/feathering? speed (even on green runs ), going from toeside to heelside.  :confused:

5 hours ago, Mr.E said:

that's a fairly big change all at once

Na.........I only made one change (and then test rode that change a couple of days) at a time.

I've played all  around with the stance and where my stance  is seems to be the most responsive.......so to get  More weight centered and/or back on the tail (without moving bindings) maybe I'll add some front ft. toe lift next ??

• Like 1

• 4 weeks later...
On 2/13/2021 at 8:08 PM, BLOODTYPEZX10R said:

FastStik is quick to ship product to all who order.  Give it a try, its good stuff, quick and easy to apply and you can spend more time actually tuning your boards (like those hideous edges, lol).  Two products cover all temps.  Oh, and I don't get any money for selling FastStik.

the code not working

On 2/13/2021 at 11:08 PM, BLOODTYPEZX10R said:

Thank you Mark. FYI code does not work, not sure if by bundle you meant both types of product or something else?  Ordered anyway 🙂

• 1 year later...

I have been riding my SF a lot this year lately. Got it late season last year from @bigwavedaveDidn't get a chance to ride it much last year. Everyday I ride it I fall in love with this board more and more. I can gain speed carving on low slope green runs or power through steeper blue runs with lazy wide cruisers or crank it for some tight G-force turns! Even in a foot of pow with stiff boots it performs very well without a hitch. Just short enough to navigate the steep deep powder and tree runs. Needless to say it has become my daily driver. With the SC in my quiver I'm starting to get Thirsty for the XC. What's your favorite Thirst?

Edited by snowburn

Holds like crazy, rides like a short board. Fun as all hell. Been my go to all season, it’s magic.  I’ve only have one day on another board, and that’s my sf. I just gifted one of my doneks, my donek secret is collecting dust, as is my virus

mario

Edited by big mario

Be careful, the XC pretty much replaced the SF in my quiver. Slightly larger turns with a longer EE, so it's a smoother ride on hard snow. It will turn remarkably tight in snow that is soft enough to engage the full edge length.

Since you already have a Super and the SF, it's a no brainer, get the 8rw.

When we have fresh snow, even if it's just 5 or 6", the PC becomes my favorite. That should be the next one after the 8rw.