Note to New Members ×

Swix Evo Pro Edger Worth the $460++ ??

barryj

Anybody bought one of these?  Mt World Cup tuner buddy demoed it for me and they produce an incredible,  basically one pass and your edge is done.  You dial in your edge angle  from 85-90 degrees and let the electric powered fine grit diamond wheel work it's magic.

I was impressed...... Found it on Amazon for $464     $550 locally :eek:          At $60 for a pro tune I spend about $360 a season keeping 3 boards sharp and slippery so it would pay for itself almost in one season! 

https://www.amazon.com/Swix-Side-Edge-Power-Tuner/dp/B071HR4J78/ref=asc_df_B071HR4J78/?tag=hyprod-20&linkCode=df0&hvadid=312525543805&hvpos=&hvnetw=g&hvrand=13420642138651558539&hvpone=&hvptwo=&hvqmt=&hvdev=c&hvdvcmdl=&hvlocint=&hvlocphy=9002384&hvtargid=pla-455710308470&psc=1&tag=&ref=&adgrpid=61811965363&hvpone=&hvptwo=&hvadid=312525543805&hvpos=&hvnetw=g&hvrand=13420642138651558539&hvqmt=&hvdev=c&hvdvcmdl=&hvlocint=&hvlocphy=9002384&hvtargid=pla-455710308470

21891247_ProEdger.png.b2681b8983a70a601f452774722a97d3.png

Own one.  Number of passes depends on the stone grit your using... Lighter grit means more passes.  Best to own both types... I think the "kit" comes with two.  Contact Artech (phone), they usually have good deals.

There are also alternatives that are less expensive... Do your research and you'll find them.

All that said, I love mine.  Less time in the basement.

• Like 1

I have one. Its a lifesaver, made the most boring part of tuning into the funnest. 
I would practice on an old board to get the feel of how to use it as its easy to goof and slice off an edge section... You have to apply the right amount of pressure and maintain a constant working velocity. 

I use the medium wheel for setting an edge and then use the fine for regular tune up. Ive never been able to get such beautiful polish out of an edge, now its easy. Medium is two passes max, with the fine stone two or three passes and youre done.

This and a nylon roller brush that connects to a electric drill have been the two best additions to my toolbox. You can ditch everything else, all the files, guides, brushes...

• Like 3

Probably totally worth it. 

However I went with this US made edge tune tool that is far less expensive and hopefully  just as effective (haven't used it yet just got it:) 

https://edgetune.com

On 12/23/2020 at 8:48 AM, michael.a said:

I have one. Its a lifesaver, made the most boring part of tuning into the funnest. 
I would practice on an old board to get the feel of how to use it as its easy to goof and slice off an edge section... You have to apply the right amount of pressure and maintain a constant working velocity. 

I use the medium wheel for setting an edge and then use the fine for regular tune up. Ive never been able to get such beautiful polish out of an edge, now its easy. Medium is two passes max, with the fine stone two or three passes and youre done.

This and a nylon roller brush that connects to a electric drill have been the two best additions to my toolbox. You can ditch everything else, all the files, guides, brushes...

I LOVE my drill brush set! Total hand saver 🙂

Now just need an electric scraper 😂