Note to New Members ×

Yaktrax for Deeluxe

powdahbonz

Just curious if anyone uses the boot slippers and if they actually are worth getting...with the extra schlepping time from lots to lifts now, guessing life on toes/heels will diminish...thought about it as I was constantly looking for snow patches to walk through and avoid the grind, gravel, sand and mud. 

I've use Seirus Cat tracks for some time and I wouldn't do without, especially with Fintecs which are super slippery.  They do save wear on the toe pads and heels for sure and pack down smallish.  I typically have to walk some distance on rough asphalt and they'd be goners without the 'tracks.

I hadn't heard about the yaktrax but they might be better than Cat tracks...d/k.  For UPZ with the retracted heel I had to rig a bungee strap system to avoid the 'tracks from falling off mid-walk.

Cat Tracks ↓

4110ToMcpdL._SY445_QL70_.jpg

Yaktrax SkiTrax ↓

yaktrax-skitrax-ski-boot-protection-61.png

Edited by rjnakata
better image
  • Like 1

Yaktrax are nice and squishy, feel like running shoes. But if you pivot even slightly they eject. I went full geek and added shoe lace and a bike spoke to keep the toes on (search my posts here of bored), but the heels still ejected randomly. 

Now I just aim for snow where possible and add Shoe Goo to the soles as needed. 

Years ago,I had a big and very painful fall twisting my back by having my hardboots slipping cornering a street......

3 Weeks off work at the skischool !.....

Since then, I walk hardboots and softboots by slightly attacking my steps with my inside heels.

Totally counterintuitive I do admit but works very well (for me), even if you have to focus on it for quite a long time before it becomes "natural". Well I did it my way even if it may be not THE right way......😉