Note to New Members ×

Tell your Corona story

Bobby Buggs

So its been 13 days since I started my fever. I really got it bad and only have left my bed to go to the hospital. Its brutal when you get the full dose. Fever, chills and body aches are crippling. Friday night to Wednesday and only ate like 3 pieces of toast and only left my bed to pee. Still struggling 13 days in, every day hoping tomorrow will be better. The mental side is just as brutal.

• Sad 6

Hope your feeling better soon ! My corona story is ; I drank a few too many and tried to snow board afterward didn't go well. Local bump opening soon and I'm feeling like I shouldn't have bought that season pass. From what I've been hearing the mental aspect is important so keep in touch with us on the forum. All the best !   Pat

According to Fauci the worst is yet to come.  No time to let your guard down.  We have deferred our passes till next year.  After walking over to the main lodge and seeing what some idiots are doing, It's not worth the risk.  A new puppy, cross country and fat biking will take up the slack.

BE SAFE.

Edited by bumpyride

We just had our first case in the gym last week, right before everything closed down again. I'm really surprised it took that long for a positive to show up, but I guess the cleaning and distancing did what it was supposed to. Nobody else who was there that day has tested positive, so that's a good thing.

I know (of) a few people who've had it. All of them reported it being relatively mild apart from one, who got KO'ed for about three weeks, back in the first wave. She's fine now though. Sorry you've got the full experience - it sounds miserable. Rest and recover fast.

Edited by Allee

I don't know anyone first hand, in Canada, who had it. Exception might be an instructoress at Cypress and my wife, who both had all the symptoms before the first wave, way back when the story was just starting in China. My Mrs was relatively ok, but coughed for 2 months afterwards. Kid and I got only mild flu symptoms while she was sick. The instructor girl was nearly dead, recovering on her own... 

In Belgrade, 3 people very close to me had it, this fall. My sister in law was hospitalized, needed oxygen and IV antibiotics, but never developed cough at all. My cousin in law got over it at home, mild to medium case. One of my best friends got infected at oncology ward, while getting chemotherapy (entire room got infected). He survived. 

My old judo instructor died of it. He had moved to Ontario though and was also in his 80s with frail health. Closer to home, my son’s girlfriend’s mother had it early on. There have been 1 or 2 cases at work among those who are still working in the office. My wife and I are working from home.  Most of the people I know have been pretty careful. 

It hasn't effected me personally (yet). I am thankful for that. 

If people take the recommended precautions and still contract it, I feel for them. 

On the other hand, if people flaunt the guidelines (wearing masks, social distancing) and wind up contracting the virus, get admitted to the hospital and expect frontline healthcare workers to risk their lives because a patient couldn't be bothered to wear a mask - that is the ultimate injustice. 

• Like 3

4 hours ago, Bobby Buggs said:

I really got it bad

So sorry to hear of your ills BB!  :freak3:  Hope you are on the recovery end real soon!! 

Were relatively unscathed by covid up here in the White Mtns. of northern NH..... but I have my fears as VT ski areas have  basically closed to out of staters unless they can prove a negative covid test AND 7 days quarantine at the ticket window!.....which most of those people can't afford to sit idle for a week just to go skiing for a weekend, so I fear most of those people will probably end up skiing/riding  here in NH 

VT gets more than twice the out of state skiers/riders  compared to NH .....now that scares me :nono:

1 hour ago, JohnE said:

It hasn't effected me personally (yet). I am thankful for that. 

If people take the recommended precautions and still contract it, I feel for them. 

On the other hand, if people flaunt the guidelines (wearing masks, social distancing) and wind up contracting the virus, get admitted to the hospital and expect frontline healthcare workers to risk their lives because a patient couldn't be bothered to wear a mask - that is the ultimate injustice. 

Health care workers are doing their job. The risk is a part of it. 

By wearing a mask one doesn't protect himself much, but rather reduces the chance of spreading the own germs. 

I had a mild case from a GUY I know on this forum. I stopped ovah and got some chicken pahm and a side of Covid! He said he was fine it was just bronchitis or something... GUY... @MR. JOHN DEERE ! 

@Bobby Buggs, get well soon so you can get back to whining about your weak calves, guy!

Edited by trailertrash

6 hours ago, BlueB said:

By wearing a mask one doesn't protect himself much, but rather reduces the chance of spreading the own germs. 

Wearing a mask protects you, and everyone around you. If you already have covid, wearing a mask will not protect you from it, but it will protect others from catching the disease from you. If you do not already have covid, wearing a mask will reduce the probability that you will catch it from others who are infected. 

Just got stuck with the first dose of the Pfizer vaccine so we will see how that goes.  Lately I've had two patients in their 90s  which the virus barely affected and I've had some people in their 30s and 40s go down hard from it.  Diabetes and hypertension are the biggest links I've seen with associated with increased severity.

Luckily our county and hospital have been spared from being inundated with super sick patients.  A relatively healthy populace really helps.  People seem to be minding their pints and quarts on the ski hill and in the lift lines so hopefully we can have a full season ahead of us. The healthcare workers down in Denver I know have not been so lucky.

• Like 1

A good mask worn properly will protect you. It's up to you to find good masks and use them properly. It won't protect if your spouse brings COVID home from teaching at school.

Although my symptoms were relatively mild, they were prolonged. Still had body aches in the third week, and still tire easily week four. GI tract is still out of wack.  

A pulse oximeter is a good investment. Happy hypoxia is a symptom you won't be aware of until it is serious. Knowing your blood oxygen levels are good is very reassuring.

Edited by BobD
  • Like 2

7 hours ago, trailertrash said:

I had a mild case from a GUY I know on this forum. I stopped ovah and got some chicken pahm and a side of Covid! He said he was fine it was just bronchitis or something... GUY... @MR. JOHN DEERE ! 

@Bobby Buggs, get well soon so you can get back to whining about your weak calves, guy!

Guy......are Buggsy’s calf’s small or weak , or both ? 
I have small calves, basically chick legs, but they are strong,  guy.
My calf Implants are going in, in April, 350cc’s each, can’t wait.