Note to New Members ×

UPZ SKI/DIN Adapter installation

AdamTrn

Hello forum, 

I wasn't sure where to ask, so excuse me, if I asked on the wrong subforum.
I just bought the UPZ RC12 with the SKI/DIN adapter and I'm having problems installing the heel part.
The holes for the screws seem very small and I don't want to break the boot on the first day, that's why I'm asking here.
Are you supposed to just screw in the screws to make bigger holes?

Thanks in advance

I have the UPZ RC11's...  I got the SKI/DIN heel and toe pieces about 2 years ago.  I skied in them once, and converted back to snowboard heel and toe pieces.  The RC11's are much too soft and flex the wrong way to ski...  I ended up just buying a pair of proper ski boots and was much happier skiing in them...

Edited by timbox18

• 2 weeks later...
On 12/15/2020 at 3:48 PM, AdamTrn said:

Hello forum, 

I wasn't sure where to ask, so excuse me, if I asked on the wrong subforum.
I just bought the UPZ RC12 with the SKI/DIN adapter and I'm having problems installing the heel part.
The holes for the screws seem very small and I don't want to break the boot on the first day, that's why I'm asking here.
Are you supposed to just screw in the screws to make bigger holes?

Thanks in advance

You took off the snowboard heel and you want to install the ski heel?

If you take the sole piece out of the bottom of the shell, after removing the liner is there a T-nut? 

https://www.google.com/search?q=tnut&rlz=1C1SQJL_enUS859US859&source=lnms&tbm=isch&sa=X&ved=2ahUKEwiygP-5s-rtAhXmp1kKHeahBvsQ_AUoAXoECAUQAw&biw=1084&bih=633#imgrc=g5EyBQRkRx7z7M

If there is, use the same screws holding the snowboard heel, if the ski heel holes are to small drill them out, you won't break the ski heels hand screwing them but you'll save a lot of energy drilling them.