Ledecka Returns! Fischnaller Fourpetes! Cortina World Cup GS 2020/21

Jack M

• Jack M changed the title to Ledecka Returns! Fischnaller Fourpetes! Cortina World Cup GS 2020/21
7 hours ago, dgCarve said:

Great riding.
I was surprised to see clean carving from Karl B. He used to be "old school" rider - take most straight line and drift. Nice change from him!

I noticed that too.  I wonder if the bulk of the course was flatter than most.  Ledecka charges out of the gate and has to drift the first few turns, and then fully carves the rest.  Crazy how she can take a year off and come back and win on day one.  Hoffmeister has her work cut out for her!

• Like 1

16 hours ago, Jack M said:

Ledecka charges out of the gate and has to drift the first few turns, and then fully carves the rest.

She was charging hard. To me it looked like she lost edge in the second turn because of the really rough course there, drifted as a result, and then it took her couple turns to fully recover. So, it could be that drifts were unintentional. Or maybe my assumption is wrong... She rides amazing regardless.
That's why racing technique is my favourite. Gives lots of stability, and chance to recover, and... you do not have watch up the hill constantly 😂.

Edited by dgCarve