Note to New Members ×

ALLOY 20/21 DO 165

Got a chance to take some laps on the new 20/21 DO 165. I have been riding the 18/19 DO 165 since Dec 2018. Its very close to the older board in terms of shape but has a drastically different camber profile and flex. The tip and tail have a much bigger flip. Also, the tip and tail have a bit more de-camber and it is wonderful. Although I love the aggressive hammerhead styling of my old DO, the new one is slightly more friendly at initiating the turn. With the de-camber and flex changes, I would say it is slightly softer overall but helps you settle in deep mid turn and finishes very smooth with that energy on the exit that all of the Alloy’s have. Video to come. The new DO is like the old one but in the vein of how Shane Kang and Alloy snowboards are... every year has innovations that just make the boards even better. 
5 Alloys will be available at Montucky to ride and boards run about $6-800 delivered depending on the model. Shipping from Korea is fairly reasonable with customs and get here very quickly. Right now. Direct bank transfer/shipping and some customs fees are setting the pricing. Shipping from Korea to US was very fast via UPS...

Boards at Montucky: I will be riding either the new AZX or DO most of the time... but if it’s not on my feet, they will be in the base area for you to enjoy.

18/19 DO165

20/21 AZX 163

DO 165

Darwin’s Flow 159

The One 153 for the smaller         riders and ladies to try

Edited by slopestar
  • Like 3

• 2 weeks later...
On 12/7/2020 at 7:47 AM, slopestar said:

Got a chance to take some laps on the new 20/21 DO 165. I have been riding the 18/19 DO 165 since Dec 2018. Its very close to the older board in terms of shape but has a drastically different camber profile and flex. The tip and tail have a much bigger flip. Also, the tip and tail have a bit more de-camber and it is wonderful. Although I love the aggressive hammerhead styling of my old DO, the new one is slightly more friendly at initiating the turn. With the de-camber and flex changes, I would say it is slightly softer overall but helps you settle in deep mid turn and finishes very smooth with that energy on the exit that all of the Alloy’s have. Video to come. The new DO is like the old one but in the vein of how Shane Kang and Alloy snowboards are... every year has innovations that just make the boards even better. 
5 Alloys will be available at Montucky to ride and boards run about $6-800 delivered depending on the model. Shipping from Korea is fairly reasonable with customs and get here very quickly. Right now. Direct bank transfer/shipping and some customs fees are setting the pricing. Shipping from Korea to US was very fast via UPS...

Boards at Montucky: I will be riding either the new AZX or DO most of the time... but if it’s not on my feet, they will be in the base area for you to enjoy.

18/19 DO165

20/21 AZX 163

DO 165

Darwin’s Flow 159

The One 153 for the smaller         riders and ladies to try

any chance you travel to lake tahoe area?

• 1 year later...