Note to New Members ×

Flooring from Lumber Liquidators, yea or nay?

Dan

I'm looking to replace some old carpet in a small bedroom (approx 120 sq ft) with flooring, open to  bamboo, engineered hardwood, or LVP. Given that Lumber Liquidators shipped a bunch of flooring with toxic levels of formaldehyde 4-5 years ago, what are your thoughts on sourcing flooring from them now? 

I did Lumber Liquidators Bamboo over radiant heat in my VT house.  Definitely worth the money.  The Home Depot equivalent scratched much more easily.  I bought it four years ago so it's probably the deadly stuff, but it looks great.  

Just FYI, unlike other laminates you are supposed to acclimate bamboo for four weeks.  It makes a difference and since you live in OR, I assume it's like laying floor on the bottom of the ocean.  

I say go for it.  For 120 sq. feet, who cares.  If you don't like it get a throw rug.

• Haha 1

47 minutes ago, pmorita said:

It makes a difference and since you live in OR, I assume it's like laying floor on the bottom of the ocean.  

Ha! Pretty much, basically Atlantis here as far as humidity levels 🙂

Trigger pulled on Lumber Liquidators flooring. The sample I got said "Country of origin: United States", which I assume means "made in the US". That makes me feel a little better about the likelihood of toxic off-gassing. 

Keenan, thanks for the Costco tip! I would have checked it out, but I didn't see your post until just now. Given the size of the room, it won't make much difference though.