Original Bomber Trench Digger 1 step in

gosnow

@gosnowYes, people are still using this binding.  Some of the parts are no longer available if you need replacements, but you can make shift things for repairs.  The newer generation of TD-2 & 3 are significant improvements in load distribution across the board and flexibility.  

I would guess that since the original post is from 2005 with a link to eBay that is no longer active, they are no longer available from this member.

@gosnow with hard boots, yes, but not a very flexible binding for that use.  The TD-1 on the wrong board will damage the board.  The stiffness of the binding and small foot print of base tend to pull inserts or damage top sheet and or core of board.  If you are wanting a good all mountain binding for hard boots, I would look to the TD2&3 or the F2 bindings.  

That is really helpful thanks for the input. I currently use a K2 Clicker binding with a hard shell boot on my all mountain board without any issues ( I suspect a TD1 would be a much stronger binding). On my splitboard, i use a voile plate binding with an AT boot. I also use the AT boot for skiing/touring. I would like to use one boot for everything.

BTW the semi rigid boot i'm using in clickers was made by Nitro. Plastic shell, 3 buckles with wire boa and radial lock liner. They have been great up until yesterday when the heal flange tore out of the bottom of the boot. Not serviceable and no longer manufactured,