Coiler Board Specs

Toodles

Correct so far ! 014 is the year of build. I believe the letters could be who it was built for the 6.2+8 is Bruce's secret code  that indicates the boards stiffness and is based on a jig he has that measures how much the board bends when a certain weight is suspended from the board. I weigh ~160 lbs and my board is 7.2+6

• Like 1

Love those NSR boards. Similar to a Kessler. Damp, smooth running, but able to wrap tighter turns than you'd think. 

Mine was T182 NSR 012CD1 -7.1+6

That was a 182, built for I think 210 lbs, with a little extra stiffness in the tail. After I changed weight to ~180 lbs, it went from fun and playful to a fall-line missle that took all my strength to turn. It wasn't as fun to ride, and I sold it. 

Bruce said my NSR was one of the thickest cores he'd made for a metal board at that time. 

The last numbers in the code (6.2+8) have to do with the weight and requested stiffness for the rider the board was built for.  However, these numbers change when other variables are changed.  Bruce built two Contras for me last spring.  Same model, same rider weight, same requested flex and stiffness.  Because one is a 162 and the other is a 178, these last numbers are different from each other.

Buy the board ride it and if you like it bonus! If you  don't there is always someone at the Brim looking for another board they don't really need . If you really want a board you will be 100% pleased with call Bruce give him your riding history and wait to be amazed. If you want to really test your wits order a Skwal.

On 11/27/2020 at 2:32 PM, Corey said:

Love those NSR boards. Similar to a Kessler. Damp, smooth running, but able to wrap tighter turns than you'd think. 

Mine was T182 NSR 012CD1 -7.1+6

That was a 182, built for I think 210 lbs, with a little extra stiffness in the tail. After I changed weight to ~180 lbs, it went from fun and playful to a fall-line missle that took all my strength to turn. It wasn't as fun to ride, and I sold it. 

Bruce said my NSR was one of the thickest cores he'd made for a metal board at that time. 

And I love that board. 250 now and it is a joy to rip Baldy on. I has a really fun day in Jackson on that board too. I went all mountain on it one day and it did surprisingly well off piste too. Around the same time I discovered the carving run called Grand. We got along really well on that one too. 

Edited by carvedog
grammars was bad