Note to New Members ×

R.I.P. Troy Lindquist

boardguru

Sadly Troy passed away yesterday Nov.10 2020 after a valiant battle with medical issues. He was one of the original pioneers of snowboarding after beginning "sticking" in 1977. One of the fist to ride Roundtail Wintersticks with a strap binding. Riding in Little Cottonwood Canyon across the street from Alta. My great and dear friend is now styling and shredding it up in heaven. If we are able to ride this season, I am dedicating every ride to you my friend. You will be missed. 

• Like 1
  • Thanks 2

Nice tribute Mick. This is Cardy. I believe I was at one or two of those early sessions with you guys on one of those roundtail/strap binding setups. I'm already missing him. Thoughts and prayers to his family and many loved ones around the world as well. Had not seen one another for many years but fortunately in 2018 we got together, along with Mike Forrest to see the latest Warren Miller film that was playing in Ogden and will always be grateful for that. Don't stick/snowboard much but I will dedicate, in similar spirit, every skate session to my great friend Troy from this point on

• Thanks 1