Note to New Members ×

Plate Test Part 2

Jack M

The Vist was often the choice for SL boards and looking that over, I suspect it would be as "soft" as the Vist.....  but after seeing you ride on the other Allflex Jack, and after seeing the difference in your riding, even if subtle, I suspect there will be some magic on the way that affects the board over the Vist.

On 3/19/2021 at 3:13 PM, TVR said:

OK....   softer maybe? Softer than the standard one? Either way, I suspect there will be some magic ....

The new VIST Interface plate has 2 interchangeable I-springs in the center with different stiffness options

http://www.visttech.it/catalog/

vist-r50-186-race-interface.jpg.ed2dfad0a16f4ced8a92c4ec288317bd.jpg

Edited by Puhutes
  • Like 1

• 11 months later...
3 hours ago, daveo said:

@Jack M on that note, did you end up riding the super h much? Any feedback? 

It wasn't available, so I don't have one.  Maybe next season.  I hope it allows more flex for SL riding than my non-spring "soft" GS plate does.  I see people riding non-spring plates on SL boards in World Cup and I literally do not know how they do it.  I tried mine on my F2 Proto SL and could not bend it.  Or at least not consistently.  One out of maybe ten carves I would hit the g-spot and the board would carve.  Otherwise, I hated it.  I love it on my GS board though.

Seems like about half the world cup field are using spring plates, like Benjamin Karl and Stefan Baumeister to name a few.  I like their riding and they are successful.  The spring plate I had briefly before I sold it to my athlete was great and I could make it work well.  Very powerful, gobs of edge hold, but heavy.

• 3 weeks later...