Note to New Members ×

It'll buff out....

JRAZZ

But seriously, I'm thankful we walked away and don't have to hold an injury sale here... (or worse)

Girl in a Tundra decided to enter the intersection. Unfortunately the intersection was occupied by us. 230,000 very hard miles including some epic off-roading and countless trips to the mountains for snowboarding. Was still going strong. Ah well, it's kind of a Viking funeral. Better than having to sell it to a yard.

Now to look for a new snowboarding rig.  Any suggestions? 

IMG_8025.jpg.049ba4242dafb5a7ef1d4c6309e004d7.jpgIMG_8031.jpg.14296c875f299e698e1044af74675f1b.jpg

• Like 1
  • Sad 3

Big Bummer on that.  Glad to see you're not hurt and airbags deployed.

When I dealt with an Insurance Company on a loss, I looked at like vehicles and what they were charging, and said find me one or pay me for what it's going to cost to actually replace it.  They backed down and gave me an extra couple of thousand dollars.

Best of luck on your dealings and glad you're OK.

• Like 1

I bet the girl is a skier (actually she was really shaken up - I gave her a hug and told her that the best thing is that we are all ok)

7 hours ago, Corey said:

Your Toyota gave its life for yours.

That's exactly what we thought. I'm bummed. I love that FJ. I thought it would last at least two more years (probably more). 

And yeah, we're probably going to buy a new 4runner and run it until the mileage rounds over.

• Like 1

4 hours ago, JRAZZ said:

And yeah, we're probably going to buy a new 4runner and run it until the mileage rounds over.

Ours has 210000 km on it, still going strong. It’s the v8 so it gets crappy mileage: the tradeoff is it can tow over 7000 lbs and still fit nicely into our little garage. 

• Like 1

Glad you and your family are ok! That must have been scary.  

I highly recommend 4Runner (I have been riding it on and off since mid 80’s in my family), I have 2013 and it is going strong with 200k miles. I never had any issues besides usual maintenance. I am planning to ride it until it dies.... hopefully in 10years.... then buy another one LOL

• Like 1