Note to New Members ×

Down the rabbit hole

lowrider

Would it be possible to allow a trial thread with limited political content. I personally would find it interesting to see where it would go since i have met a few forum members in person and at face value have found them to be reasonably thoughtful and considerate in discussions on this forum and in person. From a personal perspective i'm really not interested in promoting any particular party or person i just want the people in politics to make it work and get us through this mess the world is presently in. What's working and how can we help should be the goal  

Meh.  We had that under the old bomber forum. I prefer the lack of political discourse here. I like that Alpine snowboarding is about snowboarding and other motion sports. And beer.  Sometimes music. It's a refreshing break from the inescapable noise of everyday.

Mario

• Like 3
  • Thanks 1

Yeah, while our interactions here are marked with an unusual degree of civility, I do feel that opening up the politics can of worms has the potential to change that. Believe me, I'm more than forthcoming about my political opinions everywhere else, maybe this is the one venue that can do without adding those discussions. I'll just say that humanity does not seem to be excelling right now and leave it at that. 

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

Yes, sb hb finally calmed down, my supposed agenda to convert all to sb, or that they were somehow better was seen for what it was...a group who could not handle that somebody Carved in sb on their hb site...I remember this run with Dustin and Ink at MCC, a first shot through some unbelievable deep fresh pow, down through some tight trees, the smiles when we came out at the bottom...I have always ridden alone, but at times through the years, I have met and shared some turns with many here, there is a real Joy to dancing on a mountain, better to Focus on that...

• Like 2

By “politics” I presume you mean American politics. I get more than enough of that from every other angle in my life. No thanks. 

Now if you want to talk about whether we should have an election if Freeland’s budget is as off the rails as we’re all expecting, I’m down with that...

1 hour ago, lowrider said:

Sexual Health ? Where did that come from?🏃‍♀️

LOL, just another topic that people have very ingrained opinions on, that often tends to make a significant percentage of the population uncomfortable. But those talking loudly deeply believe that their opinion is right, and so everyone else deserves to hear it for their own good. 

Not here, thank you. 

Great points.

I am getting long in the tooth but recall not so long a go that's exactly what internet is for; to share diverse idea/view points across the globe.  It allow us/me to venture outside of my echo chamber.

Where does one suggest for online civilized conversation on these "taboo" topics?
Or maybe discuss the ingredients to build/rebuild such an oasis ?

In a way anonymity have embolden troll behaviors.  Where here we are semi aware who each other are.  But that must not be it as FB are pretty bad for shouting match..

for the techie this is a great place(got it's own culture) :  https://news.ycombinator.com/news