Note to New Members ×

Covid #'s trending down in Canada

lowrider

Did you even read the article?  It's about health.

“For transplant patients who contract COVID-19, the mortality rate ranges from about 20% to more than 30%. This shows the extreme risk that COVID-19 poses to transplant recipients after their surgeries”

Also, the woman refuses vaccination for "religious reasons".  I don't know what kind of wacky religion is okay with an invasive surgery like a transplant but not a vaccination.

• Like 2

12 minutes ago, Neil Gendzwill said:

Also, the woman refuses vaccination for "religious reasons".  I don't know what kind of wacky religion is okay with an invasive surgery like a transplant but not a vaccination.

Probably if one somehow construed the vaccine into the "mark of the beast". 

26 minutes ago, Neil Gendzwill said:

Did you even read the article?  It's about health.

The donor is there to donate ONLY to the unvaccinated recipient. 
The kidney is NOT from the general donor pool.
Without the Kidney, the has a 100% chance of dying.
Even if the stats are correct and we take the high or 30% mortality, it means she has a 70% survival rate with the kidney.
The above is only if she contracts COVID, and currently she has natural immunity from previous exposure.
There is no additional liability as you must sign a waiver that indemnifies the hospital for everything except negligence. 

Yes, I think knowing these facts that you either didn't bother to take in or ignored qualifies as I "read the article".

It seems some in here are OK with this and see this as health care. Just remember, when there is a larger shortage of organs for transplant due to may who go off the donor list from politics being played out like this, please don't complain if you agree with this. There will be no positive outcomes from this as hospitals get tied up in legal battles over this, there are healthcare worker shortages from people being let go, and the overall cost skyrockets from this. The unvaccinated didn't do this, the zealots did.

Once she receives the transplant she will have to stay on immuno suppressant drugs for the rest of her life so her body does not reject the kidney.  I’m sure her transplant surgeon would like her to have  a greater number of antibodies on board before the surgery to increase her chance of surviving in an immunocomprised  state should she contract covid
She refuses to take the vaccine because it used a line of stem cells from an aborted fetus in its development, just like tylenol, Motrin, and a gozilliion other drugs we all ingest every day

Edited by big mario

6 minutes ago, big mario said:

Once she receives the transplant she will have to stay on immuno suppressant drugs for the rest of her life so her body does not reject the kidney.  I’m sure her transplant surgeon would like her to have  a greater number of antibodies on board be fore the surgery.
She refuses to take the vaccine because it used a line of stem cells from an aborted fetus in its development, just like tylenol, Motrin, and a gozilliion other drugs we all ingest every day

Yea, I think the use of aborted fetal cells is not used in any other products and especially not anything over the counter. Come on now, that is a bit over the top. Religions beliefs are each to their own, in the same way their are other customs and dietary choices due to them.

As for the best chance of survival, even 70%, if those figures are to be taken as accurate is far better than 0%. The immuno-supressants will be needed, but that again is better than zero chance and a sure death. 

All throughout history tyrants have done what they saw as "the best thing for the public" and then we look back in horror and wonder how people could have allowed it to happen. Maybe they didn't understand the opposing religion or chose not to believe it. I am sure they didn't see their actions at the time as evil.

Now I am reading and beginning to understand how it happened....

She's lucky that the transplant is even an option for her right now. Our ICU beds here are full, which means that even if a healthy donor dies, there's no transplant surgeries happening. That's just one of a slew of elective surgeries hat have had to be cancelled, including cancer surgeries and heart bypasses, right down to it taking days to get a broken bone fixed. And sorry, but the unvaccinated "did that". I've gotten to the point  (as I'm sure most health care professionals have) where non-vaccinated people can go to hell, but I have untold sympathy for all the people who have to suffer and die because of their selfishness and idiocy.

Our provincial leader might be a dickhead, but he did get one thing right. The unvaccinated are the ones complaining the loudest about mask mandates and lockdowns and their freedoms, but if they got the shot, then there would be no mask mandates and lockdowns - for them, or anyone. I can't any more. Sock it to the libs and exercise your choice all you want, but don't cry to the media when you have to be hospitalized and they leave you to die in the hallway. Because nobody cares any more.

• Like 5

51 minutes ago, Allee said:

And sorry, but the unvaccinated "did that".

Yea... all those who were the hero, who got natural immunity because they were exposed on the job, and then were fired for not taking the experimental vaccine; yea, they caused the shortages. Let's go with that....  Because it is all about the health and not about control. So many thousands of them, that entire wings of hospitals are being closed due to not having staff and National Guard are going to be brought in who don't have anywhere near the extensive training. This is all for the betterment and health of those in the hospital. 

I am sorry, but I cannot believe that as the data doesn't support it.

• Confused 1
  • Sad 1

1 hour ago, TVR said:

Yea... all those who were the hero, who got natural immunity because they were exposed on the job, and then were fired for not taking the experimental vaccine; yea, they caused the shortages. Let's go with that.... 

At what point would you no longer call it an experimental drug ? After all it has been around and used by millions ?

• Like 6

• Jack M locked this topic