Sign in to follow this  
lowrider

Covid #'s trending down in Canada

As things open numbers are under control as cases trend down. Major cities are mandating wearing of masks as a condition of entering public buildings. How you'all doing ? (side note for Sunsurfer) I see Hutt had record opening #'s and no social distancing in lift lines, riding a full six pack just to rub it in ! Have fun on  your August trip !

• Haha 1

We have less than 50 active cases here in Saskatchewan and life is slowly getting back to normal, or at least some variation of it.  We're watching the US situation daily and hoping our American friends find a way out of this mess.

It's all a hoax, right?

I mean by November we should have 200,000 deaths here so the slopes should be nice and empty!

image.png.72d0b70c78dea5ce1c6a9e8ed520e259.png

• Like 1

3 hours ago, JRAZZ said:

I mean by November we should have 200,000 deaths here so the slopes should be nice and empty!

That's very dark. I laughed! 🤣

We have extremely low numbers in central Canada. Helps that we have low population density. People still social distance, but relatively few wear masks given the low numbers. 

The problem is the opening up of society after lockdown. The current Covid resurgence and reinstatement of lockdown in the state of Victoria in Australia, after a significant period of very low case numbers is a cautionary tale.

On the other hand, it does mean no Aussies on the slopes here. Fresh powder and school holidays had Cardrona reporting full carparks  a couple of days ago so good for the businesses running the fields. Last 3 weeks have seen lots of weather systems out of the Southern Ocean landing snow on the mountains here.

Having coped through summer by mountain biking while others rode Turner @ MCC, now it's my turn for snow bliss. For me, summer's waiting makes the winter snow all the sweeter.

Edited by SunSurfer
  • Like 3

Glad everyone is ok.

Enjoying summertime. 

Quebec is the worst.....

Stay safe. 

Edited by Poloturbo

6 hours ago, lowrider said:

Glad to see you fixed up your post. Was worried something was amiss.

Something amiss? My Android browser had symptoms of perseveration. Must be getting old.