Note to New Members ×

Midsummer doldrums...

JRAZZ

As much as I like the speed, excitement and carnage of biking it still can't hold a candle to snowboarding...

It's too hot and I'm too bored. Last season ended badly and next season is too far away to get excited. I've already cleaned the garage, set up two home offices and watched all of youtube.

What are you guys doing to avoid the midsummer depression?

For me going up into the hills is helping. Unfortunately this heat is making it difficult.

pic3.jpg.f3f318d198640dfde61762791ddf5093.jpg

I'm going for a ride. Oregon to Northern Idaho to meet my new GREAT Grand babies, then swing down to Denver to visit my mom, then home. Avoiding people and Interstates as best as I can. Then home for a week and off to the North cascades across to Glacier NP. and back with my riding buddies on our 35th Annual ride together. Should be around 7 or 8 thousand miles altogether. 

Feeding my other addiction... Pavement carving...

Edited by monodude
  • Like 1

3 hours ago, monodude said:

I'm going for a ride. Oregon to Northern Idaho to meet my new GREAT Grand babies, then swing down to Denver to visit my mom, then home.

I'm going the other way! Driving up to Medford 😄

I'll keep a lookout for ya!

19 hours ago, bumpyride said:

There's only so much biking and hiking a guy can do all summer.

Unfortunately I think you're right. For some reason that doesn't seem to apply to snowboarding. 

• Like 1

On 7/3/2020 at 10:31 PM, JRAZZ said:

I'm going the other way! Driving up to Medford 😄

I'll keep a lookout for ya!

Unfortunately I think you're right. For some reason that doesn't seem to apply to snowboarding. 

😱😱😱

I’m definitely the never summer/never winter type.  Love both bikes and boards, and both seasons are waaaaay to short.

16 hours ago, monodude said:

Medford is only 80 miles south of me. When are you going to be there ?

Late July probably. Waiting for the local epidemiologist (my wife that is, and yes, she's actually an epidemiologist) to give the all clear.

40 minutes ago, JRAZZ said:

Late July probably. Waiting for the local epidemiologist (my wife that is, and yes, she's actually an epidemiologist) to give the all clear.

I'll be back home by the 20th. Leaving again on the 29th. Let me know when you find out. I'll come down and do lunch or something. Or you could come up and check out the new MonoDude pad

• Like 1