Algunderfoot

New 20-21 Model CC (Cross to Carve) 165, built for a UP retail outlet. This is the first one built with Mark's updated shape, width and PFI Core, as such it came out a little stiffer than we felt appropriate for a retail floor model. It would be better suited for a heavier, or harder charging rider. The idea behind the CC is that it can be rode with a soft or Hardboot setup, emphasizing alpine form, making it ideal for the soft boot Carver aspiring to hardboot. The CC is a wider, more of an All Mountain shape, making at home in the trees, the pow, or the corduroy. This CC is symmetrical, not a WARP design, and can be set up regular or goofy.

Specs:

165.5 cm x 23.5 cm wide - .360 flex index. -  comparative average SCR 10.47 M. -  144.8 effective edge. New "Mellow Yellow" topsheet backprinted on durable lenticular nylon. Comes factory tuned with Faststix© base treatment, baby blanket sleeve, scrapper, thirst patch and stickers.

Offered at $100 off normal price at $950 shipped to lower 48.

0701201525~2.jpg

0701201526a~2.jpg

0701201526b~2.jpg

Edited by Algunderfoot
Sold
  • Like 1

Thanks for the info Al!

That should be a great cross over board for hard charging soft booters!

I'm still holding out for  the SF 162 Warp design!    Yikes!  This reminds me I need to get in the queue!

• Like 1

3 hours ago, Lurch said:

Just do it Barry! 

Ha!  That's the plan but with Covid seemingly not going away I'm a bit more concerned about where and when am  I going to get to ride than what...... I still haven't even gotten next years pass yet cause I'm waiting to see how all this unfolds!

....but I hope to be relieved/encouraged enough by the news  in August to get a order in with Mark....we will see.

• 2 weeks later...

Yes, should be perfect! Thirst boards are not as weight sensitive as other handmade varieties, I even ride my Wife's boards from time to time. Its more about the geometry, this board will ride truer to its average sidecut, whereas softer ones can make you forget the EE of the board your on.

• Like 1

Join the conversation

You can post now and register later. If you have an account, sign in now to post with your account.

Reply to this topic...

×   Pasted as rich text.   Restore formatting

Only 75 emoji are allowed.

×   Your link has been automatically embedded.   Display as a link instead

×   Your previous content has been restored.   Clear editor

×   You cannot paste images directly. Upload or insert images from URL.

• Similar Content

• By forf.dawg
      I am selling a new, never used 2019 Thirst Superconductor 7.1 WARP.
      175cm length
      19.0cm waist width
      H35/41.75 389 U4 4DR
      Stance spread 52cm
      LFF .291
      Specific questions are best answered by Mark (from Thirst boards) himself @ 208-929-2285
      Serial # 11MAR19 0056
      Sun Surface topsheet.
      Asking $800 OBO
      I have other items for sale and am willing to bundle. PM for Details
      Stored indoors with care in it's "baby blanket" shipping sleeve.
      text: 307-349-8630
      email: forrest.sawyer7@gmail.com

• By Comapedrosa
      Hi, I’m already thinking about my next acquisition for *next* season. The boards on my shortlist are the Sperconductor and the 168 - both seem to earn glowing reviews from all you sages and super athletes. How should I think about this trade off?
      As for more infor about me: my quiver includes a Donek Monster, a Coiler Stubby v2, and an older Swoard... I’ve been carving since 1991, but still suck at it :-). Live on the West Coast now and am looking for something that makes the medium carve as easy as possible for me (not slalom nor giant). I like the liveliness of the Monster, but also the stability and steadfast hold of Coiler...
      Thx so much for you thoughts!
    • By skidad62
      For sale - Coiler 163 SL titanal - built for Jack Michaud and I'm the second owner.
      Its got a 10-13 M variable sidecut with a 21 cm waist and is super versatile.  Edges are 1% base and 2% side bevel.
      Good all mountain board, slalom board and great edge hold.  Made for 170-190 lbs or so I think I've included a sidewall pic if you understand Bruce's code.  I'm more than that but it handles great for me too.  Broad range in this one I'd say.
      @ Jack M may be able to chime in too.
      It's in good shape, the usual nicks and scuffs.  Just thinning my quiver to make room for a new board.
      $395 USD plus shipping.  I'm in Canada, but I ride out of Sugarloaf so I can also ship from Maine 04619 depending on timing.
      (Does not include bindings.)

• By Brenden
      I'm sadly departing with my Donek Kapton Twin.  I purchased it at the end of last season (17-18).  Its in great condition as I only took it out about 7 days.  The only reason I want to part with it is that I've recently decided that I can't lie to myself about riding switch anymore.  I'm making the move to a directional board that I can focus on carving groomers and not chase the dream of putting on a show.  Check out https://www.youtube.com/channel/UCSf2blWn3fKJmjtZQOMfsGw for what this board was designed for.
      The board is a fantastic carver and great for someone that wants to ride freestyle and also lay down deep carves.  Check out the specs below and I'm happy to send more pics and info.  I live in Boulder, CO and will drive to meet up or discuss shipping for out of state options.  $475 + shipping 
      Donek Knapton Twin
      Length 160cm
      8.7m sidcut
      28cm waist 
      23 5/8in reference stance 
      Call or text Brenden @ 859 seven 9 seven nine 144 
      or email @ brendenallen@ymail.com

• By moose
      Continuing to sell my board quiver in hopes of buying a custom. This one's a Donek Incline 164, 26 waist, 7.5-8.5 m radius. In very good shape, photos attached. I used it as an all-mountain softboot board that was also a great short-radius carver. For reference, I am 210# - I think someone a lot lighter would find it a great carver but perhaps a tad stiff in bumps/tight trees? The right person might also make it an all-mountain hardboot board? 
      $375 plus shipping!

• By Algunderfoot
      Mark Miller has graciously lent me a thirst 7 WARP Superconductor for any of my Midwest peeps wanting to try one of these amazing boards. Being a WARP design, this one suits regular riders only.
      However, there is also a thirst XC for rent at Big Snow Outfitters in Bessemer, MI. That board can be ridden regular or goofy, soft set up or hard. Ben, a Tuner at BSO says "This thing turns on telepathy"

• By Algunderfoot
      One of a kind, minty (9 topsheet/10 bottom), Coiler 173 AMT-SP, yes a Coiler Split Tail. Bruce remembered it was built for a 145-150 lb rider. Bruce's code T173 SP O9D3-6.3+4.5. Barely ridden edges bottom like new, in storage wax. $350

• By WhiteHorse
      I'm sell my nice clean Prior 4WD.  It's a 163cm. The recommended rider weight is 120-185.  It's in great shape. Other than a few minor blemishes it looks great.  Check out the description on the Prior site  and my slick sales video on YouTube that shows it in detail.  $899 CA new,  selling for now only $250 plus shipping. :)

• By Algunderfoot
      Thirst XC 171 WARP?
      Three straight days of relatively decent carving conditions have me giggling a bit, looking way better than I should this early in the season, and searching for more leg...as they are depleted. Mark and I worked on designing this model specifically for smaller resorts, to provide faster transitions, more CPR's (Carves Per Run), and essentially add several hundred feet of vertical to my local 700 foot hill. All I can say is that Mark nailed it! I did however need to relax a bit, stay neutral over the board and ease up on knee pressure as over steering this beauty will have you looking uphill, or face down in the snow in a heartbeat. Simply getting her up on edge is plenty of input, just fall in after her. The XC is a WARP design (Waist Abberated - Radius Proportioned) that is a stance specific feature (regular  / goofy) which aids in edge transition and calms ones body positioning, perfect for AARP / AMAC Members like me.
      Now that we understand each other, its hard not to love the nimble, yet ridiculous edge hold and effortless transitions. Much like a Lamborghini, a gentle gas pedal is also required, this gal has more gitty-up than any board I own, or ridden quite frankly. The stability and quietness of this deck is also well beyond expectations, but the "dampness" I've  experienced with all my titanal boards is surpassed with the pop that can be unleashed at will. I'm easily able to carry and aggressively carve pitches that previously were just pastimes. I can't imagine a purpose built board more suited for providing oohs, aahs, and yes, giggles at smaller resorts. With the Wife watching all my fun, her Jones for a thirst board is reaching critical mass, but we have a SF 162 on order for her.

• By Algunderfoot
      OK Boys and Girls, up for your consideration is a very rare Al Worley hand made deck sale. Those who know me know how meticulously my gear is kept, the Prior is actually my wifes.   On the left is "RUBY" (aka Rubella), a 181 Virus Cyborg Evolution III, in immaculate condition 9.5/10, sick camber, not for the faint of heart.
      Ruby is sold and moving to Montana.   In the middle is "WYNTER" a one of a kind Coiler prototype swallowtail, essentially a 173 AMT, Titanal VSR, built for a light 140-145 lb rider. In excellent condition 9/10 some slight cosmetic wear (Bruce's codex : T173 SP O9D3 6-3 + 4-5).....NO LONGER FOR SALE   On the right is my Wife's Prior Magnolia Twin, her entry level Hard boot transition board (she started on softies and graduated on TD2's) This was new inventory (09-10)when I bought it from a board shop in S. Lake Tahoe. It is a 156 x 7.5 x 24.3 in 9.5/10 top sheet condition, slight scratches in the ptex, but a fresh tune will bring it back to a 10. It has only been tuned once. $200    Prices do not include shipping.