Note to New Members ×

Tell me about your MOTORCYCLES

Carvin' Marvin

10 hours ago, Jack M said:

Thinking about my next bike.  Haven't been on two wheels in like 10 years, but a good friend in town just got a bike and needs a riding buddy, obviously.  Trying to decide...

What I should get:

2019-Suzuki-SV650-ABS2.jpg

what I want:

2017-Triumph-Street-Triple-R-765-0734.jp

what I really want:

620ee03dd6b183146c5b3f15.jpg

What my wife thinks I should get:

2023-grom-force_metallic_silver-1950x114

decisions, decisions.

The bike process is exactly like the board process: what type of riding are you planning to do?   😄 

4 hours ago, ShortcutToMoncton said:

The bike process is exactly like the board process: what type of riding are you planning to do?   😄 

Haha.  Just joyrides on country roads, going out to eat, running errands.  The MV would be the worst for this, but man it's tempting at $13,000 on cycletrader.

Of course for the purposes of the odd track day maybe once a year or less and parading around Portland, the MV would be the best.  Maybe someday.

Haha…to continue the analogy sounds like you’re dreaming of a Zylon Virus for five freecarve Sunday afternoons a season. 😄 

I’m a biased Honda guy here: lots of great bikes (used and new), good reliability, industry standard parts and service. Bikes usually need a fair bit of maintenance so that’s an important part to remember. Everyone’s different, but I never had much time for tinkering or shop work: just having a bike ready to go whenever I felt like it was the most important bit. 

$13k sounds pretty wild. Hell you could get a brand new CBR650 racer for much cheaper than that. I’m not sure why you’d want that for midlife Sunday biking but I’m sure you know that. 😄 

• 11 months later...
5 hours ago, Neil Gendzwill said:

What, you didn't buy the R?  Compromise is for cowards!

Anyway, beautiful bike, I'm jealous.

Haha, this is "just" the Panigale V2 with "only" 155hp.  I don't need the 207hp from the V4R.  And I like twins and I think this is the best looking Panigale.  Took it for my first ride today, it's a dream come true.

i-k8XBngf-4K.jpg

1 hour ago, Neil Gendzwill said:

The V4R is 237 I think, the regular V4 is 205 or something. 

There are several incarnations of the V4. Oddly the R is listed at 207hp and the S is listed at 210. 

1 hour ago, slabber said:

Ride safe @Jack M.  I'm a firm believer of ATGATT.  Beauty bike!

Will you change the pipe or any mods planned, fender delete etc? 

Thanks. I’m a fan of the gear. Tail tidy for sure, soon. Gonna live with the stock exhaust for a while. I didn’t think I’d like it but I actually do, a lot. I live in a neighborhood, and also I want to let my bank account recover. YouTube doesn’t do it justice. It’s not quiet. 

Hope you family guys are buying a great big insurance policy for your family. The probability of survival is low. Nice to leave them something they can remember you by. I simply do not trust the average driver enough to risk my life on their attention span . I also wish my son would sell his bike !

• 1 month later...