Note to New Members ×

Tell me about your MOTORCYCLES

Carvin' Marvin

Tell me all about them.  Are they fast? loud? fun? Of course they are.

Seriously though how many of yall out there are riding dirt or street while the snow is away?

Personally I have a Yamaha YZ 125 for the dirt and a "supermotoed" Super Sherpa 250 to buzz around town.  I'll post pics when I get one.

I used to have bigger bikes for street and dirt, but honestly I have the most fun on the small light stuff.  No interstates for this loon.

'09 Kawasaki 1400 Concours. with aftermarket exhaust and computer flash. This set-up gives it 102+ lbs of torque and 165 HP to the ground. It's SCARY fast & powerful. Although I have slowed down some, (in my advancing age), I still LOVE a "spirited" ride through the twisties. 

It's my asphalt carving tool of choice.....

2020 Kawasaki KLX 250 Dual sport With exhaust and ECU mods..... of course

I also practice and firmly believe in AGATT,  (all gear all the time)

• Like 1

On 6/26/2020 at 10:01 PM, b.free said:

I have one street, one adventure and one dirt bike)) Although I haven't been riding adv and dirt for a while..

What models?

On 6/29/2020 at 12:04 PM, monodude said:

2020 Kawasaki KLX 250 Dual sport With exhaust and ECU mods..... of course

I also practice and firmly believe in AGATT,  (all gear all the time)

How do you like that KLX? I love Kawasakis.

I like it. with the ecu mods and the full exhaust it should be around 30 HP. rides great. suspension is a little soft for my fat ass, though. 6 speed, dual disc, inverted forks, dual overhead cam. biggest drawback is the 2 gallon tank. before the mods I was getting 71 MPG. haven't filled up from the last ride yet to see  the difference

• Like 1

22 hours ago, monodude said:

I like it. with the ecu mods and the full exhaust it should be around 30 HP. rides great. suspension is a little soft for my fat ass, though. 6 speed, dual disc, inverted forks, dual overhead cam. biggest drawback is the 2 gallon tank. before the mods I was getting 71 MPG. haven't filled up from the last ride yet to see  the difference

Nice.  That KLX is basically the water-cooled, fuel injected update to my Super Sherpa.   Getting 70mpg wringing its neck all around town on a carbureted bike.  I think it makes like 23 hp at sea level 20 years ago so I'd be surprised if I'm getting 15 hp these days.  Love that bike though.

7 hours ago, Jack M said:

I'll have one again someday... used to have this '89 Honda Hawk GT 650.  Poor man's Ducati...

i-kQLVwWB-X2.jpg

Man that thing just oozes cool.  I'd rather have that than a Ducati any day.  We are a Japanese bike household.

21 hours ago, Carvin' Marvin said:

Man that thing just oozes cool.  I'd rather have that than a Ducati any day.  We are a Japanese bike household.

No joke, one time at band camp, I parked my Hawk next to a Ducati Desmosedici at the local shop. A guy pulled up in a car, got out and said “Oh wow!! A Honda Hawk!” 😂

• Haha 1

• 4 months later...
3 hours ago, Tddragon said:

These are my summer toys of choice :) (i know the last 3 are not motorcycles:)

Cool collection!  I see you are also a man of style and taste.

2 hours ago, lowrider said:

1966 Honda 55 have to push it to start starter drive been bad for last 30 years.

+10 Push Points.  Not much cooler than pushing it to life and just setting off into the sunset! 

• Thanks 1

• 2 weeks later...
  • 9 months later...

2003 YZ 125.  Fast enough for me on a MX track but too slow in the desert!  Thankfully I don’t ride much desert.  First photo was taken the night I brought it home.  It hit the dirt during the photo shoot!  D’oh!!  
Second photo is how she looks today!

37DCAAE7-C442-40E6-BAD5-5762C1F1AB72.jpeg

D64E89F1-7F69-47A9-A0A9-5AC0EC27EC0B.jpeg

• 6 months later...
19 hours ago, Jack M said:

Funny, my dad has that Duke, and a good friend has the Grom.  What are those bar ends?

Lever protectors, from China. 

Your Dad's bike, a first gen (15/16) like mine? Has he done any modifications to air/fuel? They respond really well.

Screenshot_20220303-065222_AliExpress.jpg.9804e1ec08809fda966e9d52d2264921.jpg

2010 Zero electric dirt bike. With the plastic removed.  It's a work in progress.  I upgraded the battery, but haven't made a custom BMS yet, so I don't know what the practical range is (this is everyone's question).  Maybe I'll get around to finishing it this year. 

IMG_20160519_155136.jpg

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

• 1 month later...
On 3/3/2022 at 7:33 PM, gawdzira said:

The forum abbreviates this thread to read "Tell me about your Mot.." Any other Blade Runner fans?

I’mma big enough fan that I will answer with both: «My mother? Let me tell you about my mother» and «My mother? I’ll tell you about my mother»!

Thinking about my next bike.  Haven't been on two wheels in like 10 years, but a good friend in town just got a bike and needs a riding buddy, obviously.  Trying to decide...

What I should get:

2019-Suzuki-SV650-ABS2.jpg

what I want:

2017-Triumph-Street-Triple-R-765-0734.jp

what I really want:

620ee03dd6b183146c5b3f15.jpg

What my wife thinks I should get:

2023-grom-force_metallic_silver-1950x114

decisions, decisions.

• Like 1
  • Haha 2