Note to New Members ×

Slice board

was the slice a collaborative experiment that led to the contra? talking sidecuts and flex pattern executions here. however, the slice was designed for softies? i think any softy is a little out of the box for Bruce, but dam does he build a nice bxfr! just professional quality equipment mastery. i have only seen/heard of the contra being on alpine/hardboot/mono/etc boards.

I've been working with Bruce just in the last week or two on my new BXFR.  At one point in our email exchange he asked me what shape I wanted for the nose and tail.  Just like when I ordered my NFCE two years ago he asked what I wanted for the nose shape; standard, hybrid or hammerhead.

The Slice is apparently a shape but not specifically a model.

The slice is an amasing soft boot carver. I want one so bad. Paired with some really stiff binding this could mean the end of my hardbooting career 😱

Oh and the one I tried had the asymetrical mumbojumbo for a goofy rider and rode it regular with no issue. Carved like a dream  and much more tame them the BFXR I tried.

Edited by Maxlanaudiere
  • Like 1