Note to New Members ×

What boards did you ride this season?

BlueB

I picked that up on sale in March of last season, when there were 4 weeks left of lift-assisted.  Just enough for a few creamy spring dumps and lots of soft warm days.  I absolutely loved it for its maneuverability in trees and bumps in spring snow.  Declared it my new favorite "resort" powder board, as it's really good with tracked-out and bumbed-up snow.  Better than the Hovercraft, which prefers untracked.

This year it was still my go-to powder day board, but I did notice its limitations in less spring-like conditions.  Love it in soft, surfy snow, but not so much when you want some help from the edges.  It's so rockered and de-tuned that there's little effective edge when you want to do something other than slide sideways down the fall line.  Sidehilling with a few inches over frozen?  No thank you.

For under 4 inches I was still choosing shapes with more camber and effective edge, like my Nidecker Megalights.  But that just means it's not a quiver of one.  It's a great board for soft, surfy conditions.  It's so unhooked and loose that it feels like you're riding a wake-board, which is an absolute blast in the right conditions.

• Thanks 1

.Kessler185

.Sims Burner 198 

.Pogo Impact 168

.Tanker 200 (camber)

.Tanker 187 (camber)

.Tanker 187 (rocker)

.Tanker 182 (camber - kevlar)

. Osin 3800 168, i think

.Never Summer Heritage 159 (rock/parking lot board)

*Lib Tech Skunk Ape 180something with magnesuction and the most bizarre profile ever described to me.  hated it.

borrowed momentarily from the guy riding my Tanker187.  he wanted to trade.

Edited by davekempmeister