Note to New Members ×

Boardemic

snowburn

9 hours ago, Poloturbo said:

Get a Virus. 😁 Im infected since last year.

I've got the fever. I need more cowbell! 

8 hours ago, Mr.E said:

I rode every board (save a couple nestolgia boards) I own this year. If people are selling, feel free to buy. THe normal end of season clear out just came early this year.

Well if the market crashes I bet deals will get better?

10 hours ago, JRAZZ said:

Bruce just told me my Contra is ready....

It should be and very other board anyone has ordered. He can't golf yet or ride his bikes and all the hills are shut down. Send him cookies and other treats to keep him working maybe he won't notice the world has stopped turning.

• Like 3
  • Haha 1

The way the sidecut interacts with the center rocker section it makes it really hooky when riding fast.  I mean it's scary. So that's where the East confused me. It's supposedly a "go fast" type board but It's actually really scary to do so. I know what you're thinking... "I'll keep it on edge". No. It'll be good on edge and really forgiving. You'll have a false sense of security until the first time you bomb down a cat track and that thing will grab and try to swipe the board from underneath you. This is not the "Never Summer autorotation" you're familiar with. This is much harsher.

I would ride it first and see if you like it. I'm a Never Summer groupie. I was really excited to try it but after riding it I really can't figure out who's it for.

FWIW among the boards I tried this year I liked the K2 Manifest it was much nicer and more stable at speed. The K2's are so cheap right now and are so nicely made that I really kinda want it. Too bad I already have a softboot carver that blows doors off of anything else.

11 hours ago, JRAZZ said:

The way the sidecut interacts with the center rocker section it makes it really hooky when riding fast.

I've not ridden it, but looking at that board I thought it would benefit from a standard camber. I'm really not interested in rockered decks for my main uses.

23 minutes ago, Mr.E said:

I've not ridden it, but looking at that board I thought it would benefit from a standard camber. I'm really not interested in rockered decks for my main uses.

This board was designed to have traditional camber with a slight early rise however Never Summer didn't want to change from their CrapRock design. 

(Inside knowledge)

Ink

• Like 2

9 minutes ago, inkaholic said:

CrapRock

Hilarious. You go all in on something, then you ultimately have to make the choice between looking foolish and an shilling an underperforming product. And, really, who's going to really know the latter? It feels like the big companies have shifted from producing snowboards to producing quasi-technical jargon, cute icons, dramatic prose and action photography. I'm not sure if the NS product descriptions are genius or stupid but that slight bit of confusion is the essence of great marketing.

Horses for courses...

Seriously, my NS Swift is great in pow and tight trees. Better in fact than any other board I've ever ridden. It can turn on edge and is generally fun to ride. If you don't expect anything else you won't be disappointed. 

Craptacular camber profile? No. Just not suited for high speed carving. I thought that's where the DO and the Coiler triplets come in...

One thing i have defintely found from riding center rocker boards is that there not very forgiving of your weight being in the wrong place fore-center-aft at the wrong time throughout the turn. To the extent i purposely break out my center rocker boards from time to time to make sure im not getting lazy in terms of weighting 🙂.

Sounds like all the bad side of the rocker/camber profile on bad drugs. The premier F-1 has that skittishness when the board is weighted wrong, but carves fine when your on edge weight centered. Think I will pass, if I wanted to be bitch-slapped, I'd stay home and say something inappropriately bad to the wife...