Note to New Members ×

Stay healthy!

AcousticBoarder

Every mountain here in NE is closing except for Waterville Valley. Apparently, they are closing all the shops and all, shutting down shuttles, and charging close to full price. ($70 for adult per day)...  So Maybe they will capitalize on the other mountains closing?

Anyway, even Sugarloaf is done, so guess this season is over even though there is still snow. Someone younger than I can go skin it and live it up for the rest of us.

• Like 1

3 hours ago, TVR said:

Every mountain here in NE is closing except for Waterville Valley. Apparently, they are closing all the shops and all, shutting down shuttles, and charging close to full price. ($70 for adult per day)...  So Maybe they will capitalize on the other mountains closing?

K non is still spinning and it's really hard not to go ride this week. like exponentially hard. almost every ounce of my body and my soul says who cares, i'm good and i'll be careful, but there's greater powers at work and we should all do our part for as long as we humanly can to narrow this curve thing. look out for our loves ones, etc. it sucks beyond the end of time, but stay positive, healthy and we'll be rewarded next year... or maybe in a month or so.

• 3 weeks later...

It is killing me. The local bump has been getting snow regularly.  What really hurts is the groomers are obviously up there practicing.  I see fresh groom on the webcams...

Whistler has shut down all their alpine webcams.  I think someone doesn't want to be seen shredding.  It is disturbing looking at some of the Whistler Village cams with no one there.  I hope all the business' survive...

Honestly I doubt we well get any more turns this season.  But I am ever hopeful.

Stay Healthy Gents.

I sure wouldn't jump off the headwall on skwall or alpine deck but Beartooth is like the way skiing was when I learned no groom tons of fun and enough natural hazards to keep you on your toes. Imagine how it would be ruined if it was groomed and had a chair!

• Like 1

On 3/31/2020 at 2:04 PM, lowrider said:

Well here we are two weeks and a day what odds are you giving on the "Maybe in a month " ?

July 4th. Maybe? Nobody knows shit for sure. 

Beartooth pass is A LOT more than the poma lift. Some scary terrain. Doesn’t have to be scary but it is a different kind of terrain from what most folks have the ability to conquer. Be smart and you’ll be fine. You’re on you’re own up there... and the skills of your party. Just remember the 6’ rule. 😉 Jealous of access to such terrain. Lived in bozone at one time in this life... and just sold my splitboard kit to some guy in Billings. At least part of me will see that area again. That board was a momento I shouldn’t have sold but oh well. Can’t take it with ya! Be safe out there either at the grocery store or hucking cornices. We expect pictures if anyone heads up the pass Memorial Day if that’s still the planned opening these dayzzz

Just talked to my son who was skiing 40 cm of powder Monday up at the Salmo Creston pass in the Kootenay's In British Columbia. Other son  grooming cat tracks @ Whitewater outside Nelson BC . Hard medicine here on the flatlands of Southern Ontario . Beartooth is on the bucket list with MCC checked off. Saddest of all are the pictures from Groomers of the World forum of cats burried in snow !