Note to New Members ×

SOLD — 2007 Rad Air Tanker Oversized “Heli-cat” (187 x 26.8) - $325 plus shipping

lordmetroland

Bought this about five years ago from a fellow member as new old stock. I’ve probably put the equivalent of five, maybe six days on it since. Top and base are both in great shape. Base is structured and pretty fast (photo shows what looks like a serious gouge; it’s a very shallow spot where the structure was flattened).  Top sheet has a small gouge that came with it. Cambered, not rockered. I’ve got a few similar boards (including the 2003 version) and this poor thing may never see the snow again unless it's lashed to someone else's feet. Rides great; responsive yet fairly damp. In my opinion, it is the single prettiest board I have ever laid eyes on and, for that reason alone, I’ll be sad to part with it. The care that went into the construction of these boards is truly incredible. But, at the same time, that Maori guy scares the s*** out of me, so maybe someone braver could live with him.

IMG_0925.jpg

IMG_0926.jpg

IMG_0927.jpg

IMG_0928.jpg

IMG_0929.jpg

IMG_0930.jpg

IMG_0932.jpg

On 3/30/2020 at 11:38 AM, David Kirk said:

These things are flat-out awesome. I've ridden a Tanker 187 as my everyday board for many years and they float awesome and carve better than they have a right to. Mine has held up to plate binding use without issue.

Whoever gets this will be smiling.

dave

hi dave,

are you mounted with hard booth or soft boot on your board?

On 3/30/2020 at 2:38 PM, David Kirk said:

These things are flat-out awesome. I've ridden a Tanker 187 as my everyday board for many years and they float awesome and carve better than they have a right to. Mine has held up to plate binding use without issue.

Whoever gets this will be smiling.

dave

We have a lot in common.

My name is Dave

187 Tankers are my go to 

Float pow, rail groom better than any other board, I think (combo)

I will be smiling when it arrives🙂

One difference- i always ride them with a softboot setup that is as stiff as I can make it.  Scared plates will be too much stress. With gear, I am about 225 or 230 lbs.    And...... I am unable to build amazingly beautiful bikes.  

btw, thanks Lordmetroland

2 hours ago, davekempmeister said:

We have a lot in common.

My name is Dave

187 Tankers are my go to 

Float pow, rail groom better than any other board, I think (combo)

I will be smiling when it arrives🙂

One difference- i always ride them with a softboot setup that is as stiff as I can make it.  Scared plates will be too much stress. With gear, I am about 225 or 230 lbs.    And...... I am unable to build amazingly beautiful bikes.  

btw, thanks Lordmetroland

Very cool. I use mine the same way. I also have a 200 and it's a ball on super deep days and it's shockingly good at railing a groomer.

Have fun with your new ride....and thanks for the kind words about me work!

dave