Note to New Members ×

Is Covid-19 Impacting You, Your Carving or Your Local Mtn.?

barryj

I agree that based on what we know so far, I would want to avoid riding a gondola period. Even if it's just you and your family, those surfaces aren't sanitized between rides. As far as standing in line, hopefully people are understanding about leaving a little more room than usual, but everyone will have skis/boards on, which will limit how close you can get anyway. Hope for sunshine, apparently UV light will kill the virus.

The least traffic I’ve seen in years on I-5, River Road and other roads leading to Crystal but plenty of snow. 8” of 25° fresh this morning on a good base and visibility was awesome. Maybe we’ve got some of the best conditions in the nation. Unfortunately all schools are shut down for 6 weeks so mid-week boarding may no longer be in my plans. We’ll see. 

Alterra Mountain Company Closure Announcement

March 14, 2020, Denver, CO: After careful thought and deliberation of our duty in the face of the COVID-19 (Coronavirus) outbreak, and in what I believe is in the best interest of our guests, employees and local communities, Alterra Mountain Company will suspend operations at our 15 North American ski resorts, starting the morning of Sunday, March 15, until further notice. All lift operations, food and beverage, retail and rental services will be closed until further notice.

Alterra Mountain Company destinations are Steamboat and Winter Park in Colorado; Squaw Valley Alpine Meadows, Mammoth Mountain, June Mountain and Big Bear Mountain Resort in California; Stratton and Sugarbush Resort in Vermont; Snowshoe in West Virginia; Tremblant in Quebec, Blue Mountain in Ontario; Crystal Mountain in Washington; Deer Valley Resort and Solitude Mountain Resort in Utah; and CMH Heli-Skiing & Summer Adventures in British Columbia. (CMH Heli-Skiing & Summer Adventures will continue to operate through Tuesday, March 17.)

Each resort will work directly with guests in canceling their visit and will provide refunds to those who have hotel and other bookings during this closure period. We anticipate heavy call volume over the next several days and appreciate guests’ patience as we work hard to respond to all inquiries.

I sincerely apologize for the inconvenience this short notice will undoubtedly create. We look forward to welcoming you back to the mountains as circumstances improve.

Rusty Gregory

Chief Executive Officer

Alterra Mountain Company

Ice texted me that Lovey is shutting it down indefinitely.  Some of their partner resorts are still open, for now. Inky and I are heading up to Cooper tomorrow to use one of our days there.  might be it for 19/20

Update on Coronavirus (COVID-19) from Loveland Ski Area

March 14, 2020

We have been closely monitoring all the coronavirus developments and following the recommendations of local and state health officials. The health and wellbeing of our employees and guests is our top priority and in an effort to keep everyone healthy and safe, we will be closed indefinitely starting on Sunday, March 15.

We will provide refunds to guests that bought date specific lift tickets, equipment rentals or lessons during the closure. We will provide more information on our season pass products and 4-Paks later in the week.  We anticipate heavy call volume and thank you in advance for your patience as we respond to all of our guests.

Uphill Access Pass holders will be allowed to utilize Route A for uphill access during the closure.

Edited by big mario

34 minutes ago, rjnakata said:

Mods, delete or move to off topic

Merged.

I am at Winter Park with my daughter for USSA Moguls Junior Nationals. They completed the singles events yesterday and today. Tomorrow was supposed to be duals, which is her better event, but the whole mountain will be shut down. A vacation to remember.

We fly home Monday. Who wants a hug?

• Sad 3