Note to New Members ×

End of season blues

lowrider

On 3/9/2020 at 10:29 AM, JohnE said:

This season doesn't appear to be as good or as long as last season. Last year I rode until May 3rd (some rode longer). My guess is our season will last at least another month. 

We may fall into the melt - freeze cycle though and the snow conditions may be sub-optimal. 

That seams to happen when there is early snowfall, atleast that's what seems to be the trend over here on the west coast. 

Edited by AcousticBoarder

I had a tough season to be honest. It started OK and I got 2 days in in early December and got to try out my new custom Kessler and then I hurt my neck (not riding related) and it pinched a nerve causing severe and debilitating nerve pain down my arm. So I wasn't able to do anything active for 8 weeks aside from ice my neck and go to PT.

It finally got good enough for me to ride and I got a few very active weeks in with some awesome carving conditions and then yesterday Bridger and Big Sky closed due to the virus. I typically get in between 50-60 days a season and I think this year it was maybe 12 in total.

Next year will be better.

dave

Def have the blues now that the rug was pulled out....i was geared up and ready to hit the lift early sunday before the kids got their act together and get what was prob going to be my last turns of the year. I had visions of near perfect balance, two hands on the snow and standing ovations from the lift.   then the notice dropped that vail resorts were closed.  i had to console myself w lots of red wine and the promise of next year (and the squats that i probably wont do in preparation).   Cheers all and remember to wash those hands. 

1 hour ago, David Kirk said:

I had a tough season to be honest. It started OK and I got 2 days in in early December and got to try out my new custom Kessler and then I hurt my neck (not riding related) and it pinched a nerve causing severe and debilitating nerve pain down my arm. So I wasn't able to do anything active for 8 weeks aside from ice my neck and go to PT.

It finally got good enough for me to ride and I got a few very active weeks in with some awesome carving conditions and then yesterday Bridger and Big Sky closed due to the virus. I typically get in between 50-60 days a season and I think this year it was maybe 12 in total.

Next year will be better.

dave

Damn, I feel for you! I had exactely the same, a bit lesser, nerve injury. Some fool has hit me at full speed, at a heli trip, while I was just standing at the bottom of a completed run. 

Get well soon! 

Coming to the realisation that there is no guarantee of a NZ season this year for me. Fields may not open, OR, our hospital system may be running on empty for staff by then and my time off is not possible.
PPE training this week for all our anaesthesia dept staff, (ED & ICU staff already done) with plans to use our younger staff in the frontline to start with.

This is a long game, play will continue till vaccination is widely distributed.

46 minutes ago, soybomb said:

Def have the blues now that the rug was pulled out....i was geared up and ready to hit the lift early sunday before the kids got their act together and get what was prob going to be my last turns of the year. I had visions of near perfect balance, two hands on the snow and standing ovations from the lift.   then the notice dropped that vail resorts were closed.  i had to console myself w lots of red wine and the promise of next year (and the squats that i probably wont do in preparation).   Cheers all and remember to wash those hands. 

Same here. Had reservations for this week to Sugarbush and got cancelation email yesterday. 😭