Note to New Members ×

Where are my fellow Seattle(area)ites?

Soultrencher

1721282517_DowntheHatch2018.thumb.JPG.73c962be104446cc99d140c6bd12dfe1.JPGCrystal was my home mountain for 23 years. Now, home is Sandpoint/Schweitzer. Schweitzer has some of the best pitch, width and well groomed runs around for carving! ("Down the Hatch" one of many, groomed wall to wall nightly!)

• Like 3

• 2 weeks later...
  • 2 weeks later...
  • 8 months later...

If you see a senior citizen on a big free ride board with A/T boots and plates...chase me down! Either Mission Ridge or Stevens Pass Late January or early February, when I'm off work. I'm a lot closer to Canada (8 miles!), but the plandemic has put a king size crimp in me going over the border.

• 2 months later...
  • 2 weeks later...
  • 1 month later...
On 4/10/2020 at 12:43 PM, nuisanceIV said:

There's also a guy who sends the big jumps in the park with hardboots!

That's me. 🙂 I'm just about done with the really big jumps though, I broke some ribs mountain biking last summer and that changed my perspective a bit.

I haven't been on this forum much in the last few years but now I'm wishing I had checked in, it would be fun to meet up with some hard booters. 

• 5 months later...
  • 2 months later...
  • 2 weeks later...

@Soultrencher - I've been carving more this season than in years.  My local secret is Wednesday nights at Summit West.  They're closed Monday & Tuesday, and groom the heck out of the snow.  Get on the first chair at 4pm for hours of zipper fun and no lift lines.  Apres ski beers at the Timberwolf.  Off to Montucky Clear Cut this week, but should be back at West on Wednesday Feb 9th. 

• Like 1

Before kids I was trying to do the same. Unfortunately with little ones, nights and weekends are the hardest. I usually go to silver fir on Friday mornings around 10 to 2. If there's any chance you can do a weekday let me know. I took next week off for MCC but now can't make it, so I'll be trenching up silver fir, dreaming of all the MCC fun.